“Good beer”

Frankenmuth Brewery
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Frankenmuth Brewery is America's oldest Microbrewery and Michigan's Original Craft Brewery since 1862! Offering award winning Ales & Lagers, fine casual fare and a Gold Medal Taproom experience. Open for guests year round, outdoor patio seating overlooking the Cass River is available seasonally.
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Our server was a bit of a doush, he rushed us on the order and was not very attentive. However the beer and buffalo chicken was excellent.

2  Thank MetroCouple

Reviewed December 11, 2011

When places such as this are crowded and busy on a Friday and Saturday night in December, it can mean only one thing. That is the the beer and food are outstanding. I visited here three times because it was conveniently located downtown and the food was great. I recommend getting a table to eat at versus the bar as the bar gets really busy and the level of service we had at the table was outstanding. I highly recommend the Buffalo Chicken appetizers. The sandwiches and the macaroni were great! You can't beat it and it's a non-smoking establishment which was nice.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

I was working in Frankenmuth one day recently and decided to have lunch someplace I have not been in a long time. The last time I visited this restaurant, it was managed by another company and it eventurally closed, then reopened. I was curious about its service and food. So, off I went.

I chose to have a hot chocolate and the luncheon size Macaroni & Cheese which consists of: Our house recipe four-cheese blend atop bowtie noodles sprinkled with bread crumbs, butter, parmesan and parsley. 8.99. It was excellent. Just the right size portion. The hot chocolate-not so good.

Service was good. Nothing to write home about. Waitress was very friendly. The hostess was rude. The restaurant has three levels and 2 or 3 outdoor decks. A great place in the summer, with views of the Cass River, the park across the river and the riverboat as it winds it way down past the park. There is a small gift shop at the front. Parking is extremely tight but there is additional parking across the road. Directions given on a sign in the parking lot. Nice touch.

Beer is king here, and though it was only 11:10 AM when I arrived, there was a lot of people there, enjoying their beer already. They offer a 20 minute tour, and I would take it on another visit. Decor-very cool!

Recommend for lunch.

2  Thank tymetraveler222
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We went for lunch in march. Basic menu, not alot of options. What we got was good, but a reuben and chicken fingers is not that hard. Great beer though.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

They have Great Root Beer since I don"t drink beer.

1  Thank Marycusa29