“Relaxing Informative Cruise”

Bavarian Belle Riverboat
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Frankenmuth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Thank you for visiting Frankenmuth. Our family operates the Bavarian Belle riverboat, an authentic SternDriven Paddlewheel riverboat. We offer a 1-hour historical narrated tour of the Frankenmuth area on our fully restored 150-passenger vessel. The Bavarian Belle is open air canopied on the upper deck and has a fully enclosed lower salon with restrooms. We offer a snack bar and soft drinks on board. The Bavarian Belle is located "At The Waterfall" in the River Place Shops shopping village. Our dock and lower level are handicap accessible. One hour trips are offered Monday - Sunday 11am till Dusk, (departing every 90min), Early May to Mid-October. Please call for pre-Memorial Day and post-Labor Day hours. Extended hours are available for Group Tours and Special Events (Weddings, Reunions, etc.). Tickets are $12.00 for adults and $4 for children 12 and under, children 4 and under are No Charge. Group tickets are discounted to $10.00 per adult ticket with groups of 20 or more adults.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We enjoyed the relaxing 1 hr cruise. The riverboat is a family owned and operated business. They take pride in the business and you will be informed about local history, landmarks and wildlife that is along the water shore as you go by. It was a relaxing and informative cruise after a long day of sight seeing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)
All reviews
"feed the ducks"
in 48 reviews
"captain and crew"
in 45 reviews
"family owned and operated"
in 35 reviews
in 18 reviews
"visiting frankenmuth"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed July 31, 2013

On July 22, my daughter, her 2 young sons and myself took the tour on the Bavarian Belle Riverboat in Frankenmuth, Michigan. We had a beautiful day and it was a very nice tour. We saw several turtles and birds along the shore and other things were pointed out as we rode along. You could also get water, ice cream and popcorn on board and you could feed the ducks with the popcorn. The kids had a lot of fun. You could walk around the ship during the tour also.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I took this ride with our 3 year old. We enjoyed it very much. The boat did have mechanical problem right off the bat, but the captain was very kind and informative about the whole problem. It delayed our tour by about 20 minutes which I took advantage of for a short nap. The captain was informative about the area and history. It was a fun experience!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

For a $10 ticket, this is amazing! The boat ride was close to an hour long. The staff are great from buying your tickets to operating the boat on the tour. The only disappointing thing on the trip was I had a hard time hearing the narration of the tour over the speakers. This could have been due to so many people on the boat, but I wish I could have heard more of the history and information provided.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This little cruise up the river is well worth the $10 I paid. I took "out of state" members of my family to Frankenmuth for the day. I live only 20 minutes away and go to Frannkenmuth quite often but I had never been on the Bavarian Belle Riverboat before. The crew is very friendly and knowlegeable about the history of the boat, Frankenmuth and the river. It was thouroughly enjoyable and educational. Some of my family members bought pirate hats to take back home! I will definitely take another cruise on the Bavarian Belle. Thanks Bavarian Belle crew!