“Very friendly”

Bavarian Belle Riverboat
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Frankenmuth
More attraction details
Owner description: Thank you for visiting Frankenmuth. Our family operates the Bavarian Belle riverboat, an authentic SternDriven Paddlewheel riverboat. We offer a 1-hour historical narrated tour of the Frankenmuth area on our fully restored 150-passenger vessel. The Bavarian Belle is open air canopied on the upper deck and has a fully enclosed lower salon with restrooms. We offer a snack bar and soft drinks on board. The Bavarian Belle is located "At The Waterfall" in the River Place Shops shopping village. Our dock and lower level are handicap accessible. One hour trips are offered Monday - Sunday 11am till Dusk, (departing every 90min), Early May to Mid-October. Please call for pre-Memorial Day and post-Labor Day hours. Extended hours are available for Group Tours and Special Events (Weddings, Reunions, etc.). Tickets are $12.00 for adults and $4 for children 12 and under, children 4 and under are No Charge. Group tickets are discounted to $10.00 per adult ticket with groups of 20 or more adults.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was a very relaxing and informative ride down the river. It is a family owned business and I appreciated my questions about the history being answered so kindly. The price is $10 for an adult - but, make sure to bring cash because credit cards aren't accepted. I have guests visiting in July and I plan on bringing them back for a ride down the river. Thank you

There are newer reviews for Bavarian Belle Riverboat

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our trip on the Bavarian Belle Riverboat. I was able to get a lot of great photos, and it was one of those activities that we were able to enjoy and relax. I would definitely recommend this for anyone coming to Frankenmuth. Also, the price was great for families.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Give your feet a rest and take an hour to explore the history and lore of Frankenmuth.

A trip on the Bavarian Belle takes you behind the scenes of the popular Michigan shopping destination. Before it was taken over by weekend shoppers and beer drinkers looking the only sanctioned Octoberfest outside of Germany, Frankenmuth was a town of Bavarian immigrants who made their living by farming. The captain of the Bavarian Belle will relate the story of how the original settlers developed their town into today's shopping mecca.

The boat is a family owned enterprise. The captains (there are more than one) are the senior members of the family. The younger members sell the tickets and handle the ropes.

The seats on the upper deck allow passengers to see all the wildlife along the Cass River. Snacks are available for a nominal fee.

One of the most interesting stories is how the Bavarian Belle got to the Cass River. It is unbelievable, but I won't spoil the story. I'll let you hear it for yourself.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I would recommend this ride for anyone wanting a brief, calming break from what could be a hot, long, hectic day of shopping and site seeing. It offers a time to sit back and enjoy a slow ride down the river to cool down and regain your energy, while also learning about the history of the area and the various sites along the way from a very capable and knowledgeable crew. Very enjoyable. I would say this is a "Must Do" on any trip to Frankenmuth, Michigan!!!!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had a nice ride on the boat, it was relaxing & the Captain was very informative & interesting. You can feed the seagulls & watch them all come to get the food. The price was very reasonable & everything is clean. You can sit downstairs which is enclosed or ride on top in the open, which is what we did & it was great.