“Great hole-in-the-wall for a cheap meal!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Satow Drugs Kaffee Stube
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Spring Arbor, Michigan
“Great hole-in-the-wall for a cheap meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We ate breakfast here one morning, since it wasn't included with our hotel stay. Good choice! The service was friendly and efficient, and our omelets were great! This is where the locals eat, which means it's not overpriced as are the big-name restaurants on the strip.

Visited August 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Inexpensive and fairly quick.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

The service was okay. We stopped for a late light lunch. Our server was a bit terse but just short of rude. My party ordered two sandwiches and two salads. The taco salad was just ground beef and didn't taste seasoned. The chef salad came with bacon strips not diced or chopped. The special was buy one salad get the second half off. They didn't charge me correctly. I didn't argue it wasn't worth having to " trouble" our server. The store side has lots of variety, cashiers seemed okay.

Visited July 2014
Livonia, Michigan
“Hashbrowns in a box”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We visited Frankenmuth, and the diner in Satow Drugs in April, 2014. I had read the Trip Advisor reviews online, and decided to give them a try for breakfast one morning. Let's start wtih the Plus column: Clean restaurant, no wait, nice staff, prompt service and food. Cons: weird tasting hashbrowns from a box. Oh my. I can not say enough bad things about those hashbrowns. The flavor was not good: weird seasoned flavor, and like they were cooked in some sort of faux butter stuff. I was seated right in front of the tiny area where they do the cooking, so I could see all the supplies for the restaurant, and I could literally see that they use a product which is Hashbrowns in a box. Not even refrigerated. I have no experience with this, so I looked it up, and they are dry and have to be reconstituted. Just Yuck. Eggs were fine, toast fine, bacon fine, but oh those hashbrowns were gross. So, I didn't eat the hashbrowns, and thus left still feeling hungry. Total waste of money. And while the breakfast was cheaper than at the Bavarian Inn or Zehnders, it was still no bargain. I have a breakfast place back home (Red Olive - Livonia, read my review) that offers better food for a better price.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kent, WA
“Breakfast available all day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a small non-disrupt food counter. This is not to be missed if you want a inexpensive meal. Very good breakfast, lunch and dinner. Very handy if you also need to get something from the drug store.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank LibbySei
Hammond, Indiana
“helpful with our problem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and i left our scripts home and were really in need of help the staff at this drug store went out of their way to help us get enough meds for our getaway i think the ladies name was Jamie and the pharmacist was Mike we were very upset so hope i got names right.We would like to just say thank you for all your help you are truly wonderful people

• Visited May 2014