“awesome burgers” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Seating
Howell, Michigan
“awesome burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

I took my son here because HE asked to come back. A true "bar" burger with out all the bs from chain restaurants..The service was quick ( and yes the bartender washed her hands, dont know what happened in the other review to them )the other customers were friendly.I've been in bigger bars and smaller ones too, the goat provides everything you would expect in a hometown pub.I'll always stop in when I'm passing through.

• Visited August 2011

Okemos, Michigan
“Best restaurant in Fowlerville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

After reading the one really terrible review on here, I just had to speak up. My husband I live in Fowlerville and definitely do not consider ourselves to be rednecks or hicks (read: we don't hunt, own 5 vehicles or speak with a country accent). We first went to The Goat expecting to find a dive bar with mediocre food - which to some extent, it is. However, The Goat has the best hamburgers I have ever had from a restaurant. My previous favorite was Crunchy's in East Lansing (for many, many years). They are juicy and cooked just right!

The atmosphere is definitely low-key. There is a pool table and a jukebox, and the bar is usually full of regulars. The only time it gets really loud in there (at least when I've been there) is when someone decides to put on "Sweet Home Alabama". The locals are either friendly or will leave you alone, and the waitstaff is friendly and most of the time gives prompt service (except when they are slammed unexpectedly). The atmosphere here is much better than at Lucky's, where I often feel like an interloper - when I walk in, people stop their conversations and stare at this strange person who has DARED come into their bar.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Miranda_rae
Byron Center, Michigan
“WARNING: Over priced, rude employees and bad food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

If your interseted in going to a place where the food is cooked by bartenders that handle money (and we all know how dirty money is) without washing their hands go to the Bloated Goat in Fowlerville. If your interested in spending over $5.00 for a cheeseburger, chips and pickle and not get the chips or the pickle, go to the Bloated Goat in Fowlerville. If you want to feel unwelcome, go to the Bloated Goat in Fowlerville.
This bar/restuant is not only unfriendly it was also overpriced and food was poor quality at best.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY AT THE BLOATED GOAT IN FOWLERVILLE!!!

2 Thank pockets001
Windsor
“Take the time to take a look”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2008

I had heard about "The Goat" on a local Detroit radio station last summer. The name always interested me. This fall I had the oppurtunity to travel across the state with my father on our annual vacation. Being Canadian, and wanting to expience local American flavor, we decided to stop by. I tell you upon entering this bar, we were warmly welcomed by the owner and the barmaid. He showed us his collection of lighthouse and boat pictures, and gave us a brief history of the bar, and goat head displayed on the wall. If you are looking for fine dining, you have to look elsewhere, but if you are looking for a fine burger and chips, as well as a warm welcome. I highly recommend "The Goat"

4 Thank BibBobWindsor