“great place”

Olive Garden
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Fort Gratiot
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 2, 2013

friendly staff,great food.very nice atmosphere (must be all the canadian people visiting) all you can eat soup and salads and the staff is always willing to reccomend something tasty on the menu. i really wish olive garden would come back to canada.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went to Olive Garden on a hot afternoon, mid-week in July 2013. We had the soup, salad and bread sticks all that we could eat. The eatery was busy at 2:00 p.m. Service was excellent and selection was delightful. Only concern was the staff kept putting empty food container boxes by our table.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Let me start by saying that I had fond memories of this restaurant from when I was a kid when we had one in my own city. When I saw the ads on TV for them offering a combo special with dinner for two including appetizer, and dinner we figured we’d stop in on our next visit to the US when I had to deposit some money. When we first arrived, we were definitely concerned that there was going to be a bit of a wait however that was not the case. There was a small wait for tables of more than two, but it was not significant in any way. After being seated we were promptly offered a small sample of wine of which was a red wine that I don’t normally drink. I wasn’t particularly fond of it myself, but my partner enjoyed it. Service was relatively quick and it took a while for us to decide however she opted for the fettuccine and I went the Tuscan Chicken. From here on out it went downhill though as the first mistake was that our salad had no croutons. This was because the server gave ours to a table that had requested none. Since they and we had already started eating it was too late to take it back. The server then said that she would bring us some croutons, and never did. However, it got even worse after that when the food arrived. As soon as my dish arrived something did not look right about the chicken. I started to cut into a piece that had already been chopped up only to see that the inside of it was still pink. I waited for the server to come by, and immediately sent the entire dish back as who knows how that may have contaminated the dish (even if all the other pieces were cooked). Luckily the manager happened to be walking by at the exact same moment so she was also able to observe the uncooked chicken. At the time they tried to compensate by offering me a bowl of soup or something else, however I had wanted to try the dish so waited for a new one to be prepared. Needless to say, it is disappointing having to watch somebody else eat while you sit there. I will say however though, that they did a great job of making sure that I was compensating me by discounting the bill by the price of my meal. Unfortunately despite that, we left with a bit of a sour taste as the meals that we did get were lack luster at best. At this point in time, I’m not sure that we’ll make the effort to give this one another shot, even though we like to gives places a second chance. It could just be the location, as they were quite busy on the day we went but that shouldn’t change the taste of the dishes. They have many other things on the menu that we would like to have tried, but if we were paying full price for any of the dishes I would say that it is not really worth it. Dish sizes are good, but quality was under par.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We visited Olive Garden, Fort Gratiot, twice within a period of three days. I think that pretty much says it all. Both times, I had the $12.95 three course meal. I love the all you can eat salad or soup. The breadsticks are usually great, but on the second visit, they were hard. When we brought it to the attention of the server, they were replaced with fresh ones very quickly. That is why I gave this restaurant a very good instead of an excellent.

The first time I ate there I had the ravioli (three cheese pomodoro)...superb. The second time I had the bucatini with meat sauce (good, but not as good as the ravioli). Both times for dessert, I had the lemon dolcini (a small mini dessert). It was delicious...that is why I ordered it twice.

Would I return...you bet you! Great value, good food, and very good service. I was also impressed that the management circulated in the restaurant and actually spoke to people who were eating to see how things were. This sends a positive message and makes diners feel that someone cares.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stopped here after traveling back home from holidays. Luckily we were not in a rush as somehow they missed one of the food orders. There ended up being a delay of about an hour before we got our food. Food was hot and tasty when it arrived. The manager on duty gave all of us (4 people) a $5 gift card to make up for the long wait which we were able to use that night.