“Dogs with Snap and authentic Red Sauce!”
Review of Flushing A

Flushing A
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Flushing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The restaurant is weather-beaten but don't be fooled... The food was great!

If they aren't serving the exact same red sauce that used to be served in Flint when I was a kid well then, their recipe fooled me. It was very, very good. Had the dogs, root beer and onion rings and everything was hot and tasty, except the root beer ofc, which was cold. ;)

The servers were friendly too. I do recommend it if you want a great hot dog and want to relive that classic Michigan red sauce! :)

1  Thank USDeb
There are newer reviews for Flushing A

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Great coney's. Great fish. Looks like an old fashioned hang out. The have classic car cruises in the summer. Eat in your car or inside. They still have carhops!!

2  Thank fusie12
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We've given Flushing A a shot 3 times, tried different things, and each time it was a bummer. After reading all the reviews on here, I figured I'd give it a shot. I even had family that worked there about 30 years ago. I love how it still feels like it came from back in the day, but the food is just bland, stale and terrible.

2  Thank elynn914
TMelancon, Guest Relations Manager at Flushing A, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

We have attempted to reach out to you to find out what you had to eat and when but have not received a response. Our food is all fresh and used by the freshness dates. The burger meat is fresh, not frozen. The coney and red sauce are made in the restaurant. While the vast majority of customers find the food very tasty and satisfying, you can always ask for more seasoning to be put on your burgers and we would be happy to do that for you. We have also added many new tasty items to the menu that you might like to try such as the cheese curds and sweet potato fries which are a couple of my favorite items.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Flushing, Michigan
Reviewed January 14, 2008

The ONE and ONLY ORIGINAL A&W left in America! Get a dog with redsauce and you'll never regret it!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook