“A Very Costly Night”

Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this property on September 21, 2012. The check-in was pleasant, the room need to be dusted. When we got up in the morning I went to my vehicle at 8:30AM, which was parked next to the west entrance (photo attached) to retrieve our lap tops. There were four other vehicles in the parking lot. I went back to our room and when we returned to the vehicle at 11:30 AM the same four vehicles were still in the parking lot, as I approached my vehicle I noticed that the door locks had been punched out and there were many items missing from my vehicle, Canon XL2 video camera, Bose sound system, my wife's suitcase, assorted tool bags. We contacted the police and when we asked if this happens here often, the officer said "yes". There are not any signs either in the parking lot or the front desk that inform you that vehicles in this lot are broken into on a frequent basis. I have been in contact with the management of this property asking if they had security cameras and was told that "We do not have security cameras as they generally do not provide enough clarity in a parking lot situation that would give the authorities the ability to identify". This happened during daylight hours in an area that does not have foot traffic. The management refuses to accept any responsibility for this daylight break-in and feels that they do not owe it to their guests to spend a minimal amount of money to protect their guests vehicles. My loss is in excess of $7000, and the management does not feel that less than $1000.00 would be a good investment to deter daylight break-ins.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GCourter

Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all the people at the hotel are on it - you have an issue and they are there. For instance my TV was all color, no pic. The front desk clerk went to my room, looked at the TV. She could not do anything about it. Offered to move me to another room, it was 9PM, too late for that. She was very nice and I appreciated her diligence. The room is okay. Great bed, of course. The restaurant is small but has a variety of things. I ate oatmeal, a fruit cup and coffee - $11. The oatmeal was very good.

Room Tip: Get one that is not looking at the parking lot, cars pull right up to the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Lisa K, General Manager at Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comment in regards to staff service. I am eager to share your review with the staff.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Very "typical" Courtyard, "typical" in a good way. Recently this hotel has undegone some renovation. It is a nice hotel and just what you would expect from the Marriott Lineup. The rooms could use some small touches here and there to make them a little more home like but the cleanliness is alway great and the staff never misses a beat when it comes time to take care of the customer. My bed was fairly comfortable and the mattress was not overly firm. The wake up call was right on time and the breakfast was good also.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our hotel. I am eager to share your review with the staff. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and that you enjoyed the newly renovated lobby.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Clean, quiet room. Comfortable beds. We arrived late in the evening and appreciated the speedy check in and friendliness of the staff. They accommodated my request for a higher floor, which made for a quiet, restful night.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at this property on the night before an early morning flight. The staff were very nice. The room was clean and moderately attractive. We enjoyed the fact that right across the parking lot was a Holiday Inn which had a restaurant that was very nice. I would not hesitate to stay at this property in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floors because the hotel has an efficient elevator
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had an early morning flight and needed to return my rental car so I was very happy with the short, 10 minute journey to FNT. This hotel has all the basics plus an indoor pool and nice patio for summer months. The lobby is inviting and I was very pleased with the breakfast assortment offered with my room rate. On my way out in the morning, I grabbed a fresh, Starbucks coffee and yogurt parfait for the road. The staff was very professional, kind and friendly. The room was larger than expected and quite comfortable. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: booking online helps bring the cost down and often adds breakfast to the room rate
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Every year I make a trip to Flint and stay here. In the last few years they upgraded the lobby and some rooms but they changed the breakfast style now you have to order at the counter and takes sometime and no buffet

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway noise
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank NYC_MountainLion
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint

Been to Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!