“Over priced, fair rooms” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Flint

Holiday Inn Express Flint
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Milwaukee, Wi
“Over priced, fair rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2006

Did not book room in advance, we were traveling on a driving vacation and decided to stop at this point of the day, followed road signs to Motel. This was hard to find from the freeway. There were few rooms available in Flint due to the Buick Open that week(something we didnt know when we started our trip). We called ahead to the next Holiday Inn which was fully booked so decided to stay here even though price was highest of any motel on our trip due to the late hour. The room was average but the breakfast was good with a number of items although not as good as some Holiday Inns in the South where biscuits and sausage gravey are served. Staff at the desk were very helpful and friendly and a good atmosphere in the hotel due to many people here for the Open and having fun in a restrained golfer way.

• Liked — Looking for a Holiday Inn due to familiar with brand/priority club members
  • Disliked — overpoiced due to local event with no reductio in price for priority club members, did have AAA discount r
  • Tips/Secrets — Always call ahead to book rooms
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kalamazoo, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2006

The Holiday Inn Express in Flint has housed our men's basketball team on several occasions while they were playing in tournaments at Mott Community College. The staff has always been very helpful and accommodating. One of the things we really liked was the breakfast. The breakfast room is large, with plenty of room for our team and other hotel guests. The food choices were plentiful and good - always a plus for big, hungry basketball players!! The hotel is clean and the rooms are nice. We also appreciate the low cost of the rooms, which helps us meet our budgetary needs.

Stayed March 2005
Cincinnati
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2005

I recently stayed at this hotel while interviewing for a residency postion at Hurley. Being a woman travelling alone in a city like Flint, the hotel stay made my worst fears come true. In the middle of the night, I heard sounds of some men fighting, with the worst profanities being uttered, sounds of men hitting each other and pounding on other guests doors. The receptionist was extrememly rude and unhelpful when I called. Finally, they sent the police when I threatened to call 911. The crisis went on for more than 3 hours, with the police finally arresting the trouble makers. Needless to say, I didnt get any sleep in the night and was tired all day during my interview. The receptionist and the hotel staff could not care less. I finally had to call customer service and they gave me 20 dollars off on my bill to try to shut me up. This was the worst experience I have ever had with the most rude and unhelpful hotel staff.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank Sinsinator

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2005

I made reservations for 2 rooms for 2 nights at this hotel. One room was for my husband and myself, and the other was for another couple. We arrived at three o'clock in the afternoon to check inn. We were told that our rooms were not ready and that there would be a short wait. After waiting in the lobby for 2 hours and 20 minutes we finally got our rooms. We ask to talk to a manager but there was not a manager on duty. We never did see a Manager. The woman that we had to deal with was very rude. The beds were very uncomfortable. Also the air conditioning didn't work very well. I can honestly say this is the worst place I have ever stayed. After this I doubt that I will ever stay in a Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed August 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2004

I had problems with being disturbed at that hotel. When I brought these concerns to the manager she was very rude and when I caught her in the middle of a lie she got very hostile. In my opinon she is unprofessional and in the wrong career field.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member