Holiday Inn Express Flint
QualityInn
$39
TripAdvisor
Average 3/5
All reviewsroom was cleancommunity collegebeaver creek resortno biggiemaintenance staffmember servicesthe entire hotelwould stay againshort drivedecent place to staylate at nightupon checkcampusadamsritamichiganwallpaper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel was the worst HIE i have ever stayed in. They have a very rude staff. No one had ever mad eye contact with me the whole stay. When I checked into the room the carpet and blankets were stained and worn. When I took a shower I there were several hairs in the tub. Upon calling the front desk I spoke with Kelly. She was very short with me and seemed like me calling her was an inconvience to her. I checked out thye next day, when my reservation was for 1 week. I would not recommned this hotel to anyone and am surprised. I have stayed at alot of Holiday Inn Express and have been very impressed by them. In any case I am opening a case and hope to get a refund.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank seanneis
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flint, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear seanneis,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed February 26, 2012

- Hotel is located near the Cultural Center and with immediate access to I-475. The Farmers Market & a breakfast/lunch cafe is right across the street. Ample on site parking.
- Staff was polite and eager to help, but not quite as polished as a big city - they received a shipment which was waiting for me when I arrived, but then just handed me the box - while my arms were full of suitcases - instead of taking it to my room.
- Breakfast buffet was ok, included meat & eggs for protein as well as pancakes, cereal etc..
Room was average sized and very clean, with king bed, sofa, desk, dresser and wardrobe. Microwave & small fridge allowed me to eat in/eat leftovers. Big flat screen TV.
- Spotlessly clean but decor needs some love - furniture was worn and spotted. Bathroom had high end surfaces on a painted plywood base. Grille on the heater was broken.
- I HATED the bedding - looked pretty but the duvet only came 2/3 of the way up the bed!
- If you are placed in a room near the elevator, ask to be moved - it's VERY loud.
- "Business center" is just a computer and printer in the lobby near the front door, but in room WiFi is free.

This hotel was fine for a 3 night business trip on a tight budget, but I wouldn't choose this place for a vacation or romantic trip.

Room Tip: Ask to be AWAY from the elevators - this is also where the vending machines, ice machines are, and hallway noise carries into rooms easily here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MistinguetteS
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Great stay the staff was very welcoming. Clean and comfortable rooms. A nice breakfast selection.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I just stayed here on Thanksgiving Day. My husband was in town for business and I joined him. The room was a king with a sleeper sofa. Very comfortable bed with a selection of pillows. Microwave and frig and coffeemaker in the room. Shuttle took us to airport and local restaurants. Very nice hotel staff. Next to art museum which was closed for the holiday. Skipped breakfast buffet, just had some very good coffee! Look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for king room on fifth floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at this location on a recent shopping trip to Birch Run. This was absolutely the best hotel visit I've had in a very long time. The rooms were spotless and the beds were as comfortable as at home. Such a pleasant change to see such a friendly staff. The complimentary breakfast was great ~ hot and tasty. Norma Jean, who works in the breakfast area, was particularly helpful and my only complaint (or concern?) would be that she should have had some assistance. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone travelling in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends