“The facility was very nice and clean and the staff was SUPER.”
Review of Holiday Inn Flint

Holiday Inn Flint
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“The facility was very nice and clean and the staff was SUPER.”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I work for an airline and I travel and stay in many hotels. I have seen the "Good, the Bad and the Ugly". Our check in was simple and quick. The rooms exceeded my expectations and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast both days was good and plentiful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rochester, Mi
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Stayed here with a convention and was happy with room and cleanliness--no bugs as previously reported and I looked! Towels and sheets were clean. No stains on carpet. Friendly, welcoming staff at front desk. Banquet lunch was very nice. Banquet staff was efficient. Slight issue was that the walls are very thin--we could hear the conversations in the room next door with no trouble. Also, the TV was so old we could hardly watch it. Not a big deal, but they should have been replaced in the recent upgrade.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I spent four days at this hotel and was very comfortable. I travel with a pet and was put in a regular room, that wasn't designated for pets. Some hotels have pet rooms and they feel like you're staying in a kennel. This room was very nice! Great desk with ergonomically correct desk chair, flat screen TV, king size upgraded comfy bed, and a recliner.
I had room service a couple of nights and wasn't really happy with the quality of the food. The presentation wasn't up to par for a hotel of this grade. There are many restaurants nearby though and the Thompson Creek Turkey store is right next door and has great sandwiches and wraps!
The fitness center is upstairs and is open 24/7 which makes it really convenient. I didn't go to the pool but they do have a great indoor pool
The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful as well as the housekeeping staff. They conducted themselves in a professional manner and were able to answer all of my questions.
This is a great hotel with a reasonable rate if you have business in the Flint area.

Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Michigan
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I got this hotel for $55 a night through Priceline, it worked out that I paid for two nights what you would get for about one through their website. I would be willing to pay more than $55 a night there, but not their listed $140 a night. The room was very nice and quite large. The desk chair and other chair were quite comfortable though there were stains on the ottoman and luggage bench. No big deal though. Bed and pillows were very comfy and I would have slept like a baby if the air conditioner wasn't so loud when it kicked on. Considering I was running a second fan along with the one in the air unit, it's pretty loud. I faced the courtyard, so I can't comment on the atrium rooms, but the atrium was always quiet when I was down there. I only heard noises from other rooms a few times and never in the middle of the night.

The bathroom was very spacious, though the tp was kind of reach from the toilet. The overflow drain for the tub made it difficult to take a bath for an adult. It's possible but the water only fills up about 1/2 way. Shower head was adjustable and nice. Amenities were from Bath & Body Works, so that was awesome.

Room service was fast and the food was very good. Pricey of course but that is too be expected. Biggest complaint regarding food was the cost of snacks and beverages. Only pop vending machines on the floors, though there is a little marketplace in the lobby with a variety of snacks. Pretty much everything is at least $2 or more.

Pool was very warm, even after using the hot tub. Holidome was very nice and non-smoking, which is a welcome change. It's been a warm summer and the lobby, hallways and pool area were not very well air conditioned. Some kind of ventilation needs to be done with the Holidome as not only was it warm, it was like you were in a rainforest. Towels were also strewn about the Holidome, so not sure how often it's checked.

My only real complaint was my non-smoking room. It was not only across the hall from smoking rooms but adjoining one!! So it smelled like smoke the whole time and the windows don't open.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Illinois
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This hotel has a nice, friendly staff. It's a basic H.I. The rooms are basic. Most have old TV's. Some have flat screens, but they are wasted because of no H.D. or even digital signal. The advertised "High Speed" internet tests out to be somewhere between fast dial-up and slow DSL. The work out room has older cardio type equipment. It does have a nice indoor pool and hot tub. But it tends to become overwhelmed by loud kids.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank busiTravlrIllinois
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Dear busiTravlrIllinois,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for commenting on the friendliness of our staff. Our team takes great pride in being the "friendliest hotel in Flint" and I will let them know that you appreciated their efforts.

Our hotel is 20 years old but has been recently renovated (2009) and I can tell you that Intercontential Hotels Group rates us a "Commendable Hotel" based on surveys from our guests, such as yourself, that rate our hotel on cleanliness, friendliness & many other areas on surveys they receive after they have departed our hotel.

If there is any advice you can offer to ensure your stay is flawless during your next visit please let me know by calling me at (810) 232-5300. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you consider staying with us again on your next visit to Flint, MI.

Randall Richmond
VACATIONER28084
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I arrived late on Thursday and overall had a good nights sleep. However, Friday and Saturday nights are karaoke night at the hotel's restaurant. My room was directly across from the hotel's restaurant. Complaining to the staff was useless. I was told basically to suck it up because karaoke was going to end at 11 p.m. and there were no rooms available. I doubt this was the truth because there were barely 30 cars in the parking lot. I was also offered the phone number to the restaurant so that I could contact the manaer of the restaurant in order to complain to the restaurant's manager myself. The staff also told me that I should have been cognizant of the hotel's quiet hours and therefore it was basically my fault that I was in the situation with the noise. To add further insult to injury, the hotel's management refunded us a pitiful $25.00 for our inconvenience. I have made repeated calls to the hotel's general manager and have yet to receive a phone call. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!‎

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dear VACATIONER28084,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel.

I apologize for the noise from our attempt at "Karaoke" in our bar/restaurant. This past winter the city of Flint hosted the Michigan State Women's Bowlers every weekend from the middle of February through the middle of May. Our management team thought it would be fun to do "Karaoke" on Friday & Saturday nights to help keep the women bowlers occupied at night. Even thought we restricted the time (8pm to 11pm) we found we could not keep the noise from disturbing the guests who had rooms facing the atrium. The weekend you stayed was our first weekend and the last weekend was two weeks later.

We do have rooms that face away from the atrium which are farther from the bar/restaurant and are quieter, and would be happy to book a room for you in this location on your next visit.

Is there anything else I can do to ensure your stay is flawless next time? Please let me know by calling me at (810) 232-5300. Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. Please consider staying with us again on your next visit to Flint, Mi!

Randy and the management team at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre
Reviewed March 3, 2010

The room looked nothing like the pictures on the holiday inn website.  There was no flat screen, the furniture was old, and worst of all I think this place has bed bugs!  Beware!

• Stayed March 2010
Dear johnjonesoc,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel.

Our hotel has 8 different types of rooms and I apologize that the one you stayed in did not match the picture on our website. We do offer flat screen TV's in all of our suites and jr suites and I would be happy to book this room for you on your next visit.

Our hotel takes all health & safety allegations seriously and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this issue with you. We do have Orkin as our pest control company and I can assure you that we do not have any rooms in our hotel with any bugs. Please feel free to contact me directly at (810) 232-5300.

Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. I do hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Flint, MI!

Randall Richmond
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!