“Not great, but not horrible”
Review of Holiday Inn Flint

Holiday Inn Flint
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We purchased this hotel on priceline name your own price for the valentine weekend. We both agreed for the priceline price it was a good deal however if we would have paid full price we wouldn't have been too happy. For the most part the hotel was clean. The lobby and staff were excellent. Our room looked down into the lobby which was very noisy with groups of people gathering until well after 12 am. We were also right across from the ice machine which was terrible noisy. The room itself was nice but basic. There was a granola wrapper on the bathroom floor as well as a small pile of hair but the tub itself and vanity were very clean. We didn't eat at the restaurant but the food smelled wonderful and the menu had lots of options. The thing I really didn't care for was the fact that our window looked into the inside of the building, I felt like the groups of people sitting around below us could easily see in if the drapes were not drawn. The noise was probably the worst, but overall for one night and at the priceline price, it was not bad. On a positve note the beds/pillows were wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

Dear Holidaygo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing how clean we keep our hotel and the friendliness of our excellant staff.

I am so sorry about the noise you encountered from the large group that gathered in the atrium. The rooms on the outside of our property do not overlook the lobby and we would be happy to book a room for you in this location on your next visit.

Is there anything else we can do to ensure your stay is flawless on your next visit? Please let me know by calling me at (810) 232-5300. Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. Please consider staying with us again on your next visit to Flint!

Management & Staff at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Flint

Reviewed July 7, 2009

The Holiday Inn is in a good location for those traveling from nearby Bishop International Airport, and the hotel provides a complimentary, around-the-clock shuttle service to the terminal for both arrivals and departures. They even let you park your car at the hotel and save on the parking expenses at the airport.

In terms of value for the dollar, it is not worth the published rate, but for corporate customers and government employees, it is a bargain.

In general, it's a typical late 1990s Holiday Inn with a decent, albeit overpriced restaurant, on-site. The rooms are comfortable and spacious with free wireless internet, though they could renovate the fixtures and buy new televisions.

If you just need a safe, comfortable place to sleep and don't want to spend too much money, the Holiday Inn is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2009

I would certainly recommend this property to others. The rack rate is $119/night. I got it for $60/night on Priceline (they rejected $50/night). Outside of the hotel looks more like a corporate office building. Pool is large, fitness centre has good cardio equipment. Room was clean and staff friendly. Internet access was good too.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2009

I had a business trip and stayed at the Holiday Inn Flint at the Gateway Centre for four nights the end of January. Staff were friendly and hospitable - I arrived around midnight on Tuesday and left at 4 AM on Saturday (from shuttle drivers, to front desk clerk, to the housekeeper who gave me needed shower gel the first day I had the 'Do Not Disturb' sign up and asked if she had this amenity). The pillow-top bed was wonderful and relaxing. Internet was quick and speedy. As a Priority Rewards member I was provided a breakfast coupon. I stayed last summer at the Marriott located in this same area and much preferred the Holiday Inn, and will plan to stay there again this summer because the room was so comfortable, bed was wonderful, staff was great, and shuttle to Flint airport is provided which is a real plus and convenience. The restaurant does a nice job too at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 13, 2008

I got this place for $60 off Priceline. I'm reasonably wary of Holiday Inns because there seems to be high variance in quality among the chain. This is certainly close to the top.

I stayed in a king, non-smoking room. The staff was friendly and let me check in an hour early so I could change for a wedding. The room was clean. The hotel was peaceful, at least on the floor I was staying at. My guess is that the hotel was not even half full, part of which may be the sticker price of a room ($100+). It's a shame, because the restaurant seemed nice and the hotel had all the amenities of a luxury hotel, just less frill.

This wouldn't be a bad place to spend a few nights, and it certainly did the trick for one. I would think about seeking it out if I had to stay in Flint again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 9, 2008

I recently arrived back home to Flint, MI from Afghanistan, myself and my wife and our two newborn daughters stayed at this Holiday Inn, it was a pretty nice room too, I had the King size with Jacuzzi, all of their amenities are great it just that they are too expensive, for what I paid for one night at the Holidome I was able to Stay at AmericInn, right across the street at the same price for two nights, the price was $ 169.00 for one night at the Holiday Inn, they have a problem with there heating as well but other than that it was pretty good, at least I got my Military Discount.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed January 2, 2008

I don't know what is wrong with people who have complained about this property. I arrived from Detroit on a Saturday for a wedding I was attending that afternoon. ALthough we arrived 3 hours before actual check-in, they we very cooperative and let us check in early so we could make it to the wedding on time. Our room was a non-smoking room with 2 double beds. Room was very clean, beds were comfortable and hotel was pretty quiet. Rooms did not smell old and musty like some other postings have mentioned. I din't know if other people are expecting the Ritz... the bar downstairs Overall a very nice experience.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!