“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Standard rooms- friendly staff - safe location.

We found ourselves needing a room after a very long flight.
We were given a "stranded traveler" rate which saved us 30 bucks or so.

This is a nice place to stay. I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Dayna, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area. I was delighted to hear of your stay experience at our hotel after a long flight! Should your future travels bring you back to the area, I hope you will consider us again! We appreciate your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
North Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I was scheduled to stay from Thursday to Sunday while on a business trip to flint. This seemed like the best choice, however I was disappointed. The room wasn't cleaned for two days, including the room service that we were told to leave in the hallway, which then say there for two days, which is absolutely disgusting.

The front desk staff was hit or miss, some we're very helpful, especially the one who told me I was overcharged by almost $100. Others could care less.

The rooms were clean-ish. Just needs a bit of an update.

It would have been nice to have our room cleaned once while we were there, after the cleaning lady asked if we were leaving for the day when we left at 7:30 am I had only assumed since she was cleaning the room next to us, she would clean ours too.

Two days was enough of this, we left and stayed the last night at a different hotel.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank John C
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear John C, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your stay experience at our hotel. We value all feedback, even in areas of opportunity so that we can improve our services. I will be sure to share this with our Director of Housekeeping and come up with some additional training regarding our cleanliness standards and policy regarding our stay over rooms. If you have time I would like to speak with you further regarding your stay. Please contact me at 810.232.5300 at your earliest convenience. We want to earn your business! Sincerely, Scott Horgan General Manager.
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our flight from Flint on 6/25 was cancelled and we weren't able to get another flight until the following day. We stayed here at the suggestion of a Southwest Airlines agent and we were very happy with it. The shuttle picked us up and check in was easy. The room was very nice, clean, spacious with a clean bathroom and a good supply of towels. We ate that night in the hotel restaurant and were happy with the food, price and service. We set up a time at the front desk for the shuttle to bring us back to the airport the next morning at 4:20 and when we went to the lobby, the shuttle driver was there and brought us right to the airport. What could have been a bad experience with a flight cancellation and having to stay overnight, worked out for us with no stress.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear New England guest, thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area! We will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the staff and we look forward to hosting you again should your travels bring you back to the Flint area from New England! We value your business!
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

My friend is now the Commander of the VFW in Michigan. His induction was held at the Holiday Inn in Flint and luckily I was invited. I knew I was going to be celebrating so I made sure to drink responsibly and get a room! My sister was suppose to go with me, but unfortunately her husband came down with a bad case of the shingles - ouch! So, in other words she had to stay home and take care of him and I went alone!

No big deal, just a little change. The new Commander for 2014 for Michigan was my brother's best friend throughout his lifetime. He died a few years ago and so I represented the family with happiness! Anyway, the Holiday Inn was so convenient - parking, restaurant, bar, conference/convention area - everything was perfect. Once I received my room I walked in and was very pleasantly surprised. Big TV, free wifi, nice sized and clean bathroom, 2 double beds and a view of the parking log - no big deal! Had dinner in their restaurant and was not displeased, food was good. Had a drink at their bar and the bartender was very nice. Went into the convention area and it was perfect.

Thank you Holiday Inn for such a nice stay and my room was awesome!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Debra, thank you for your comments regarding your stay experience during the VFW conference. I will share your feedback with the rest of the hotel staff as they also enjoyed servicing the Conference. We look forward to seeing you next year!
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Attended a convention at this location, rooms were nice, was able to check in when I arrived at noon. Staff was very professional, Restaurant is located in building, so no need to travel, special buffet were offered during our stay. Meeting rooms were all in one location, so no need to travel all over the hotel. Swimming pool was available. If you have over flow for a convention, there is a hotel immediately next door, walk out of one hotel over to the next.
We will be returning next year for another convention.
This location is near the Bishop Airport in Flint Michigan.
I would recommend this for a family or group gathering.

Room Tip: They have 1 st floor room available great for those needing handicap rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear June Guest, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area during your conference. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting your conference and we look forward to seeing you again next year! We value the partnership!
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel earlier this week. The front desk staff, especially Nicole, was both warm & friendly and professional. Can't beat that! Then I got to my room, which was clean and spacious. Although I suffer from insomnia, I slept like a baby. The following morning I was treated to a delicious breakfast buffet. My server was kind and attentive. The food was incredible. This is one hotel that I can't wait to return to.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kathy, thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay experience at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area. I will be sure to share your comments with Nicole and the rest of the staff and we look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring back to the area from Texas. We appreciate your loyalty!
Swartz Creek, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Reserved 6 pool side rooms, by the time the day of the wedding arrived we had 2 families cancel. They were very very nice about cancelling the two rooms. I found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were perfect. The children enjoyed the pool, and the rest of our party enjoyed a quiet restful evening. The breakfast buffet was very good and the selection filled all our needs. All in all a very enjoyable stay and we plan to make our next family reunion here :)

Room Tip: If you have children who love to swim, be sure to check into the pool side rooms. Patio doors enter...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Korene, thank you for your feedback regarding the Wedding Party's stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc Area! I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff and we look forward to hosting your reunion! Thank you for making the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area your hotel of choice when looking for accommodations! We value your patronage!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!