“Very good experience!”
Review of Holiday Inn Flint

Holiday Inn Flint
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed January 7, 2014

When we booked this hotel, we only intended to stay 1 night while we were in town visiting relatives. However, the weather turned nasty, dumping 17" of snow overnight, so we ended up staying a 2nd night. The staff was more than accomodating, even offering our family of 5 a free breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant one morning. The pool area was very nice, much larger than any hotel we have stayed at in recent years. You could tell that the hotel had been renovated in the last few years, as the furnishings still looked clean and up to date. Our room was spotless and the beds comfy. The only thing I wished was that there had been room for a roll away bed in our room. We booked the 2 double bed room, and entered online that we'd have 5 people in our room. However, because the room lacked floor space for a roll away, our youngest had to sleep on a blow-up mattress on the floor. Fortunately, I had called the hotel ahead of time and found out that I would need to bring this with me, or he would have been on blankets on the floor. Though we generally like to find hotel rooms that offer each of our family members a bed to sleep on, we would consider staying here again, since the price was better than comparable hotels in the area. Oh, and speaking of the area, the area in which this hotel is located is the safest area you will find in the Flint metro.

Room Tip: We were in room 308, which was nice because you could look down on the pool area, but not have direc...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay considering the unfortunate outside elements. I will be sure to share your feedback with the Hotel Staff and we look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you to our area!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had reserved 7 rooms for a family memorial service for my mother-in-law. I started out with 4 rooms, went to 8 and then back to 7. All of this in a matter of 10 days, the front desk staff was very pleasant the entire time. When we arrived all of the rooms were ready. All of the staff of the hotel were very pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear GCourter, thank you for your feedback regarding your family's stay at the Holiday Inn Flint/Grand Blanc area. Our condolences go out to you an your family for your loss and glad that found our staff accommodating and friendly to your family during this difficult time. We hope that you will consider us again should your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed four nights at this beautiful Hotel and will definitely be back. My wife came to stay with me for two nights along with our two, four legged kids. From the restaurant to the front desk, we say thank you, thank you, thank you. Definition of a Hotel, an establishment that provides lodging and usually meals, entertainment, and various personal services for the public. It should say," see Flint Holiday Inn"
Thanks again
Tim and Lori

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear December guest, thank you for your feeback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre. I will be sure to share your wonderful experience with the rest of the staff! We look forward to hosting your next visit to the Grand Blanc/Flint area! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

When I opened the door to my fourth floor room, I was assaulted by the stench of chlorine. Turns out the window didn't overlook the outdoors but rather the swimming pool below. The smell was overpowering and there was nothing I could do. I had an important presentation to give early in the morning and hadn't slept much the night before so planned to turn in early to get some rest. Impossible. The raucous kids playing in the pool might as well have been behind a curtain. And the pool was open for children until 10:30 p.m. The hotel staff were very nice but couldn't move me as the hotel was booked. They asked the kids to quiet down, but that only lasted about 10 minutes. Besides, they shouldn't have to quiet down. It's a pool and they're kids. The problem is the design of the building. Windows that don't look outdoors? Poor design. Ventilation that sucks chlorinated pool air into rooms? Poor design. Rooms without real sound barriers to an area where children play? Poor design.

Room Tip: Make sure your room doesn't overlook the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre. We have a variety of room types that feature poolside, Dome side, and exterior side to accommodate all of our guests needs. We hope that you will consider us again when looking for accommodations in the Flint/Grand Blanc area. We want to earn your business!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here for a close to home shopping getaway and was pleasantly surprised...great location, 30 minute drive to Saginaw Mall & Frankenmuth/Birch Run Outlets. Hotel is close to expressway and staff was very helpful. Loved the bar in the lobby, solely because the bartender (Patrick) went out of his way to make sure everyone was having a good time. Will definitely stay again :)

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor just off the elevators...didn't have any noise complaints. Huge king siz...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

DearChrisnKatie, Thank you for your feedback on your November stay! I will be sure to share this with Patrick and the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your are visiting the Flint/Grand Blanc area. We value your business!

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Would you like to park in the hotel landing? Yes we all would. Well, if you're black you are more than welcome. Any other race? Ehhh too bad.
Would you like a jacuzzi room? It doesn't come with a refrigerator!!!! What the hell? I'm pretty sure motel 6 will even have that!
Ok. So you have a jacuzzi room. Do you expect the tub to be clean? Or do you you think there will be PUBIC HAIR ON THE WALLS?!? Omg we wanted to puke. We like to have a small "getaway" once a month and we will never go here again.
If you expectant quality than neither will you.

• Stayed: November 2013
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear November Guest, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We enjoy getting feedback, good and in areas of opportunity. I apologize that we didn't exceed your expections during your stay. We will be sure to share your feedback with the Houskeeping staff and additional training will be implemented to ensure that we maintain high cleanliness standards within the Holiday Inn Brand. We hope that you will consider us again when you are looking for accommodations in the Flint/Grand Blanc area. We want to earn your business.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed at the hotel several times for business. The hotel has always been average. The staff is nice, the decor has been slightly updated. The beds are old and in poor condition. The internet is unreliable. The restaurant is average. But, this now is my last time. After killing five flies, I contacted the front desk and was told "Sorry, that's what happens when we clean the vents. Do you want bonus points? " Before I went to bed, I killed one more. In the morning, there were two more flies in my room and another dead one on the floor. Disgusting.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JBBTraveler
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear October guest, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am truly sorry that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. We take pride in maintaining high service and cleanliness standards within the Holiday Inn brand and unfortunately we didn't showcase them during your stay. I can assure you that your experience will be addressed and that additional training will implemented to ensure that problem/resolution occurances will be handled properly in the future. We hope that you will consider us again the next time you are traveling to the Flint/Grand Blanc area. We want to earn your business!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!