“Great central location to shopping outings”
Review of Holiday Inn Flint

Holiday Inn Flint
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Waterford, Michigan
“Great central location to shopping outings”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here for a close to home shopping getaway and was pleasantly surprised...great location, 30 minute drive to Saginaw Mall & Frankenmuth/Birch Run Outlets. Hotel is close to expressway and staff was very helpful. Loved the bar in the lobby, solely because the bartender (Patrick) went out of his way to make sure everyone was having a good time. Will definitely stay again :)

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor just off the elevators...didn't have any noise complaints. Huge king siz...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
DearChrisnKatie, Thank you for your feedback on your November stay! I will be sure to share this with Patrick and the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your are visiting the Flint/Grand Blanc area. We value your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Would you like to park in the hotel landing? Yes we all would. Well, if you're black you are more than welcome. Any other race? Ehhh too bad.
Would you like a jacuzzi room? It doesn't come with a refrigerator!!!! What the hell? I'm pretty sure motel 6 will even have that!
Ok. So you have a jacuzzi room. Do you expect the tub to be clean? Or do you you think there will be PUBIC HAIR ON THE WALLS?!? Omg we wanted to puke. We like to have a small "getaway" once a month and we will never go here again.
If you expectant quality than neither will you.

• Stayed November 2013
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear November Guest, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We enjoy getting feedback, good and in areas of opportunity. I apologize that we didn't exceed your expections during your stay. We will be sure to share your feedback with the Houskeeping staff and additional training will be implemented to ensure that we maintain high cleanliness standards within the Holiday Inn Brand. We hope that you will consider us again when you are looking for accommodations in the Flint/Grand Blanc area. We want to earn your business.
Michigan
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the hotel several times for business. The hotel has always been average. The staff is nice, the decor has been slightly updated. The beds are old and in poor condition. The internet is unreliable. The restaurant is average. But, this now is my last time. After killing five flies, I contacted the front desk and was told "Sorry, that's what happens when we clean the vents. Do you want bonus points? " Before I went to bed, I killed one more. In the morning, there were two more flies in my room and another dead one on the floor. Disgusting.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JBBTraveler
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear October guest, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am truly sorry that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. We take pride in maintaining high service and cleanliness standards within the Holiday Inn brand and unfortunately we didn't showcase them during your stay. I can assure you that your experience will be addressed and that additional training will implemented to ensure that problem/resolution occurances will be handled properly in the future. We hope that you will consider us again the next time you are traveling to the Flint/Grand Blanc area. We want to earn your business!
Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay with Holiday Inn. Great location, service at the front desk was great and very helpful with all my question. Good service at the bar, and restaurant. We had breakfast and they gave us a coupon for children under 12 eat free. Only dislike was the pool was very cold.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your October stay! We take pride in maintaining high service and cleanliness scores within the Holiday Inn Brand. We look forward to hosting you again should your travels bring you to the Flint/Grand Blanc Area. We appreciate your loyalty to the hotel and the Holiday Inn Brand!
Ortonville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for sorority convention. Most impressed with staff who went out of their way to be helpful. Desk clerk made special effort to find our group a first floor room so we could limit our walking. Even cleaning staff smiled and asked if there was anything we needed and if there was anything they could do for us. Used to housekeeping staff that tries to be invisable, this was a pleasant surprise.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the staff and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit. Thank you for making the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre Flint/Grand Blanc your hotel of choice when visiting the area. We appreicate your business!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

No fridge, HI could not get WiFi to work over 3-days, promised discount was ignored. Bartender insisted on carding me before service - I'm a senior. Room was good as was temperature control, shower and sound proofing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Hazel, thank you for your feedback regarding your October stay. I completely understand your frustration regarding the intermitten internet connectivity. We recognize the importance of internet as a way of communication when traveling and technicians were out to our property today to repair the troubled areas. We hope that you will consider us again the next time your travels bring you to the Flint area. We value your business!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Bill I recieved when I checked out and credit card statement did not match. Call numerous times and kept getting passed around, then they could not figure it out. Then when they did get it figured out I got NO APOLOGY, just an explanation of what happened which was OK but the gentleman I spoke with was not understanding of my situation at all. Absolutely no empathy, horrible customer service. WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN. Person at front desk when I checked in Mid-day on a Monday was RUDE!
Past visit, rolly polley bugs in room, horrible TV that barely worked, the toilet broke (not stopped up, actually broke), restaurant is sub-par and definitely nothing to count on when you want a good meal. Go across the street to the micro-brewery. Much better food.
I am done with this place. Not worth the points to always have a hassle to deal with when I stay here. Even asked last time to have a manager contact me and no one ever did.
And don't bother with the exercise facility. Everything is old.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dawn H
Scott H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Dawn, thank you for your feeback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre Flint/Grand Blanc. We appreciate all feeback, good and in areas of opportunity, and based on your feedback we unfortunately have not exceeded your expectations on back to back stays. I sincerely apologize for our inconsistency in service and product and assure you it will be addressed with additional training and your feedback will be shared with the rest of the staff. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!