“Comfortable Stay, Not Impressed by J. Porter's Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Holiday Inn Flint

Holiday Inn Flint
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Comfortable Stay, Not Impressed by J. Porter's Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Friendly desk staff, clean room, comfy bed and pillows. Free WiFi. Just wish I hadn't eated dinner and breakfast here. The hotel's website states "One of the best features of our full service hotel's location in Flint, Michigan is our onsite restaurant, J Porter's." I strongly disagree; the restaurant is probably the worst feature. The interior reminded me of a Perkins Restaurant. The staff acted as if we were inconveniencing them. The food was mediocre at best. I ordered the Chop Salad and it was basically just a stack of iceburg lettuce, mushy tomatoes, sliced black olives from a can, about a cup of crumbled bacon and a huge pile of blue cheese. Portions of ingredients were out of proportion and not very fresh. For breakfast I ordered the fruit and cottage cheese, which was fine except the fruit was kind of dried out as if it had been cut up days ahead of time. There is a limited buffet offered at breakfast; I believe it was $8.99. I'd definitely recommend staying here if you venture outside of the hotel for meals if you want something a little more special, especially for dinner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sheryl C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the unfortunate incident that you experienced while dining in J Porters. We strive to give the best product and service to each and every guest and obviously that did not happen in your case.

I have taken the liberty of discussing these problems with both the Restaurant and kitchen staff to ensure that this does not happen again.

Again, thank you. It is through comments like yours that allow us to implement procedures to produce the quality that we strive for.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. The staff is always friendly and prompt, from the van driver to the front desk or bar. Nice and close to the airport. There is a great turkey place to eat around the corner & a store nearby if you need anything. The lobby is pretty, so it can often be noisy if there is a party...just ask for a room facing away. Overall, great place from top to bottom.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how well our Staff is taking care of our guests.

We take great pride in exceeding our customers expectations and always appreciate the feedback.

Have a Great day and we look forward to having you stay with us during your next trip to the Flint Area.
Cheboygan, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I planned my trip to surprise my dad with a visit, since we hadn't seen eachother in 6 years. As an employee of Holiday Inn, I was treated with disregard and disrespect. The ammenities that I had confirmed with the hotel prior to my arrival weren't there. There was no refrigerator in the room, which was needed since my fiance has to have special almond milk and we were also bringing food so that we didn't need to eat out. We had to waste alot of food that needed refrigeration. Also, when told I would get a phone call about the issues, no one called me and I waited over 5 hours to hear from them and then called myself to find out that they would not bring a fridge unless we paid another 10 dollars. There was only one waste basket in the room which was in the bathroom and was very tiny. There was somekind of dirt in the tub also. There were kids going up and down in the elevators all night and rough housing in the halls. Kids laying on the floor of the hallways with their ohones plugged in the outlets just talking on the phone and yelling loudly for hours. I was told on the phone as we were planning our trip that there was breakfast provided, then when we got up and went down in the morning, I was told because I was an employee, I didn't rate breakfast and would have to pay. I have never felt so badly after a hotel stay as I did visiting the Flint Holiday Inn Gateway. It really ruined our entire Saturday and was a definite never again in my book, which stinks because this is the company that I work for.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear araminta v,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property. I am sorry to hear that the service you received was unacceptable. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our best to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
East Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I've never been the biggest fan of Holiday Inns, but this stay may just change my mind. The hotel is very clean and modern-looking. It's December, and the lobby area is decorated beautifully. The room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable. The decor was decent, and the beds triple-sheeted. The front desk staff was very courteous and professional. Definitely worth another visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheryl C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre Flint.

Our staff takes great pride in the work they do and are always excited to hear that they are making a difference .

Thanks again and we hope to have you stay with us for your next trip into Flint.

Happy Holidays.
Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This property is located outside of Flint proper about 20 minutes from the downtown area. The staff is friendly, and helpful. The hotel restaurant and bar is welcoming and the menu is varied offering everything from sandwiches to entrees. This hotel can and does accommodate various sized meetings and conferences. It is located within walking distance of a 4 star steakhouse and a few minutes drive from a Flint original...Halo Burger. PC Perks include a managers reception on Tuesday nights ( complimentary drinks and appetizers) and complimentary breakfast coupons.
The guest rooms are dated but clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is another decent Holiday Inn. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I used the workout room and some of the machines are little old and need some repair. I also used the business center and it met all my needs with two computers and printers. The airport shuttle made it very easy to get to the airport.

My favorite part of this hotel is the short walk to Redwood Steakhouse. Great beer and food. Show your room key and they give you 10% off.

I would recommend this hotel and I will be back in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear souixtraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their jobs-I'll let them know that you appreciated their efforts.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. We hope you will come back soon!

Randy and your friendly staff at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre Flint, MI
Pell City, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Thank you (Krista Mayhew) and the entire Holiday Inn Staff for everything. From the time our church group got there (from Alabama) till we left, we were VERY pleased. This has been the first time out of our many excursions that we had NO complaints. I had the opportunity to eat in the onsite restaurant three times, and the service & food was excellent each time. Hats off to everyone, and I hope that we will be back again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!