“So - So Stay in Flint” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Kitchener, Canada
“So - So Stay in Flint”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Front desk staff were fairly friendly though the hotel is in need of some freshening (paint, decor, etc.). Hotel was value priced which made the stay acceptable.

Our room was on the second floor across from the pool (on the first floor). The pool was supposed to close at 10:00 but people were allowed to continue to swim well past 11:00. Very noisy when trying to get two children asleep. Worse, were the people in the adjacent room who came in loaded up with cases of beer and partied until 2 a.m. The walls in the room seemed paper thin.

Finally, the bed sagged and was difficult to get comfortable in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear On_The_Road_Canuck,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing that our staff are some of the friendliest associates in Flint!

I am so sorry to hear about the noise you encountered in the room you recently stayed in. The rooms on the back side of our hotel are farther away from the pool and are quieter, and we would be happy to book a room for you in this location on your next visit.

Is there anything else I can do to ensure your stay is flawless next time? Please let me know by calling me at (810) 232-5300. Again thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience.

Management & Staff of the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel is very clean with a very extremely friendly staff! The hotel has J.Porters restaurant in it with great food and very cold beer, not to mention they ran out of my kind of beer one night and a staff member ran out and purchased more for me. (That is customer service)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had great service at J. Porters - enjoyed the bar and the food was great! I would advise any personn traveling to the Flint area to stay at the Holiday Inn. It is a very clean hotel with a wide variety of things to do.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank b w
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I travel on business often and this full-service Holiday Inn is one of my favorites and offers great value and service in the Flint area. Whether a business traveler or family, the staff here takes very good care of their customers. l have always been treated as a highly valued customer ensuring I am very satisfied with my stay, meal etc. and I come back because of that!

On a recent business trip I became ill and the staff made sure I had everything I needed to recover and well enough to travel back home. I don't know what I would have done without the caring and service they extended to me on that trip, they were terrific!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

We left Birch Run heading back to Canada and stayed there. Very clean and welcoming .90+ degress outside. Room was large and AC worked excellent. J. Porters was a great place to eat and the hotel gave us 15% off if we ate there. Shawn gave excellent service , and food was perfect. Watched the Olympics and drank $2 beer. Would stay there again in a heart beat.
Thanx , John L

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnnyBear77
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear JohnnyBear77,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and it's our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service. Thank you for noticing that our Holiday Inn hotel and J Porters restaurant is a great place for families to stay,play & eat when visiting the Flint area for shopping!

Randy and your friendly staff at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre Flint, MI
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Good:
Location is great, the lobby and facilities are clean and well cared for.

Bad:
Room was horribly damp, the air conditioning was on when we entered the room, a little humidity is fine but it was so damp the inside of the bed sheets were wet. We arrived at 2am so we just slept in the wet bed, on top of our own clothes to stay dry.

The hotel is clean, and options in the flint area are scarce, if not for the wet bed i would have given this 5 out of 5 however as this is an ongoing problem for this hotel I have to say its very irresponsible for management to not have their A/C units fixed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is DRY!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Dan K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing that our facilities are cleaned & well cared for. Our associates take pride in the the way they keep our hotel clean and well maintained-I'll let them know that you appreciated their efforts.

I am so sorry to hear about the dampness of the room you stayed in and would like the opportunity to discuss this issue with you to get more information about the room you stayed in to help make sure this does not happen again. Please contact me at your convenience by calling me at (810) 232-5300. Aagain, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Flint, Michigan!

Management & Staff of the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I can't say enough about the service at J Porters. Anderson provides great friendly service. He makes sure you are completely satisfied.
Hotel staff are wonderful also. They do make sure you are completely satisfied.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Jasonsmi,

I'm Randy Richmond, general manager at the Holiday Inn Gateway Center Flint, MI. Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and it's our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service. Thank you for noticing that our Holiday Inn hotel & J Porters restaurant is a great place for great service & great food as well!

I will make sure to pass along your comments to Anderson & the rest of our team.Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. We hope you will come back soon!

Randy and your friendly staff at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre Flint, MI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!