“Excellent value and service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Flint

Holiday Inn Flint
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent value and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I travel on business often and this full-service Holiday Inn is one of my favorites and offers great value and service in the Flint area. Whether a business traveler or family, the staff here takes very good care of their customers. l have always been treated as a highly valued customer ensuring I am very satisfied with my stay, meal etc. and I come back because of that!

On a recent business trip I became ill and the staff made sure I had everything I needed to recover and well enough to travel back home. I don't know what I would have done without the caring and service they extended to me on that trip, they were terrific!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

We left Birch Run heading back to Canada and stayed there. Very clean and welcoming .90+ degress outside. Room was large and AC worked excellent. J. Porters was a great place to eat and the hotel gave us 15% off if we ate there. Shawn gave excellent service , and food was perfect. Watched the Olympics and drank $2 beer. Would stay there again in a heart beat.
Thanx , John L

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnnyBear77
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear JohnnyBear77,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and it's our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service. Thank you for noticing that our Holiday Inn hotel and J Porters restaurant is a great place for families to stay,play & eat when visiting the Flint area for shopping!

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Good:
Location is great, the lobby and facilities are clean and well cared for.

Bad:
Room was horribly damp, the air conditioning was on when we entered the room, a little humidity is fine but it was so damp the inside of the bed sheets were wet. We arrived at 2am so we just slept in the wet bed, on top of our own clothes to stay dry.

The hotel is clean, and options in the flint area are scarce, if not for the wet bed i would have given this 5 out of 5 however as this is an ongoing problem for this hotel I have to say its very irresponsible for management to not have their A/C units fixed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is DRY!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Dan K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing that our facilities are cleaned & well cared for. Our associates take pride in the the way they keep our hotel clean and well maintained-I'll let them know that you appreciated their efforts.

I am so sorry to hear about the dampness of the room you stayed in and would like the opportunity to discuss this issue with you to get more information about the room you stayed in to help make sure this does not happen again. Please contact me at your convenience by calling me at (810) 232-5300. Aagain, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Flint, Michigan!

Management & Staff of the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I can't say enough about the service at J Porters. Anderson provides great friendly service. He makes sure you are completely satisfied.
Hotel staff are wonderful also. They do make sure you are completely satisfied.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Jasonsmi,

I'm Randy Richmond, general manager at the Holiday Inn Gateway Center Flint, MI. Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and it's our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service. Thank you for noticing that our Holiday Inn hotel & J Porters restaurant is a great place for great service & great food as well!

I will make sure to pass along your comments to Anderson & the rest of our team.Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. We hope you will come back soon!

Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Fabulous reunion, My family had a great time in Flint, MI. Great service during one of the hottest
weeks in Michigan. The staff was very nice and easy to talk with. Krista from sales was a God sent and I thank her for all of her assistance. Keep up the great service. Please continue updating the rooms to kept them modern & pleasing. Thank you again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Earline H,

Thank you for your positive feedback and taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It was our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service to you and the rest of the attendees of the Stevens Family Reunion! I have shared your comments with our management staff & associates and all of us look forward to providing more great service during your next family reunion!

Thank you for choosing to have your family reunion at our hotel & thank you again for reviewing us.

Management & Staff at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I definitely hope to get in here next time I'm in Flint. The restaurant was so good we ate there 3 days in a row! The hotel is beautifully kept, rooms are quiet, beds are so comfortable & the decor is modern & pleasing!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear DisnyFnatk,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and it's our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service. Thank you for noticing that our Holiday Inn hotel and J Porters restaurant is a great place for families to stay,play & eat!

Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Fabulous service with a great discount for Canadian Military. Anderson was a great bartender in the lounge!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TammyKrivda,

I'm Randy Richmond, general manager at the Holiday Inn Gateway Center Flint, MI. Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and it's our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service. Thank you for noticing that our hotel is a great place for governement business people to stay & I will make sure to pass your compliment on to Anderson!

Randy and your friendly staff at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre Flint, MI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!