“One Night - No Better place”
Review of Holiday Inn Flint

Holiday Inn Flint
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flint
London, Canada
“One Night - No Better place”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We left Birch Run heading back to Canada and stayed there. Very clean and welcoming .90+ degress outside. Room was large and AC worked excellent. J. Porters was a great place to eat and the hotel gave us 15% off if we ate there. Shawn gave excellent service , and food was perfect. Watched the Olympics and drank $2 beer. Would stay there again in a heart beat.
Thanx , John L

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnnyBear77
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear JohnnyBear77,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and it's our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service. Thank you for noticing that our Holiday Inn hotel and J Porters restaurant is a great place for families to stay,play & eat when visiting the Flint area for shopping!

Randy and your friendly staff at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre Flint, MI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Good:
Location is great, the lobby and facilities are clean and well cared for.

Bad:
Room was horribly damp, the air conditioning was on when we entered the room, a little humidity is fine but it was so damp the inside of the bed sheets were wet. We arrived at 2am so we just slept in the wet bed, on top of our own clothes to stay dry.

The hotel is clean, and options in the flint area are scarce, if not for the wet bed i would have given this 5 out of 5 however as this is an ongoing problem for this hotel I have to say its very irresponsible for management to not have their A/C units fixed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is DRY!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Dan K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing that our facilities are cleaned & well cared for. Our associates take pride in the the way they keep our hotel clean and well maintained-I'll let them know that you appreciated their efforts.

I am so sorry to hear about the dampness of the room you stayed in and would like the opportunity to discuss this issue with you to get more information about the room you stayed in to help make sure this does not happen again. Please contact me at your convenience by calling me at (810) 232-5300. Aagain, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Flint, Michigan!

Management & Staff of the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I can't say enough about the service at J Porters. Anderson provides great friendly service. He makes sure you are completely satisfied.
Hotel staff are wonderful also. They do make sure you are completely satisfied.

• Stayed July 2012
richmor0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Flint, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Jasonsmi,

I'm Randy Richmond, general manager at the Holiday Inn Gateway Center Flint, MI. Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and it's our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service. Thank you for noticing that our Holiday Inn hotel & J Porters restaurant is a great place for great service & great food as well!

I will make sure to pass along your comments to Anderson & the rest of our team.Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. We hope you will come back soon!

Flint, Michigan
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Fabulous reunion, My family had a great time in Flint, MI. Great service during one of the hottest
weeks in Michigan. The staff was very nice and easy to talk with. Krista from sales was a God sent and I thank her for all of her assistance. Keep up the great service. Please continue updating the rooms to kept them modern & pleasing. Thank you again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Earline H,

Thank you for your positive feedback and taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It was our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service to you and the rest of the attendees of the Stevens Family Reunion! I have shared your comments with our management staff & associates and all of us look forward to providing more great service during your next family reunion!

Thank you for choosing to have your family reunion at our hotel & thank you again for reviewing us.

Management & Staff at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I definitely hope to get in here next time I'm in Flint. The restaurant was so good we ate there 3 days in a row! The hotel is beautifully kept, rooms are quiet, beds are so comfortable & the decor is modern & pleasing!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear DisnyFnatk,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and it's our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service. Thank you for noticing that our Holiday Inn hotel and J Porters restaurant is a great place for families to stay,play & eat!

Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Fabulous service with a great discount for Canadian Military. Anderson was a great bartender in the lounge!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TammyKrivda,

I'm Randy Richmond, general manager at the Holiday Inn Gateway Center Flint, MI. Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and it's our pleasure to offer you great Holiday Inn service. Thank you for noticing that our hotel is a great place for governement business people to stay & I will make sure to pass your compliment on to Anderson!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was here one night for a business trip. This Holiday Inn is a convert from another brand and it has been upgraded but i am guessing going on 7-10 years ago at this point. There was nothing significantly wrong with the hotel in the same breathe there was noting particularly exciting about the hotel.

I was upgraded to a suite. It was large but it had a very odd configuration and one of the smallest bathrooms I have been in and definitely the smalles shower I have ever used. It was in a kiddie corner, it had no shelves tp place anything and I barely fit in. I left soap, shampoo, ect on the bathroom sink and reached out from the shower.

There was a large jacuzzi bath but it was in the actual room not the bathroom. the room had not built in closest so they had a stand up closest in a corner. The closest and most of the furniture was older.

I have stayed here several times and actually gotten upgraded the last time and that room had the same configuration as above. The hotel struggled on the service side this time but that has not been my experience in the past. My guess is I happened to show up shortly after a large group did and check in took a while.

The propertly is well lit and I always felt safe. There is a restaurant that is okay on property and there is a really good steak house across the street. I wish I could remember the name because it was really good.

Internet was free and fairly quick. They hotel has a pool and a gym and snack bar as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear P4620,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel and thank you for continuing to use our hotel for your travel needs when coming to the Flint area. I am so sorry that the service you received seemed to have slipped from your previous stays. I have discussed your comments with our management team and can assure you that our staff takes great pride in the service they provide & will do everything in their power to make sure that the service you receive during your next visit is the best in Flint!

Staff & Management of the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint

Been to Holiday Inn Flint? Share your experiences!