“B+ rating”

Rodeway Inn Airport
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Flint
“B+ rating”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

i sleep during the day so i didnt think this place was going to be all that quite, but it was right next to where i needed to be, so i got it anyways. it actually ended up being very quite with the ac going during the day, and the rooms where cleanish, but i did look at the pool and it was pretty dirty. i got a good deal on the place so i cant say too much bad on it, but then again it was my money i spent so i would have loved a clean place. the staff was so-so, seemed like that new i was coming to complain when they saw me after i checked in. the shower was hot but stained, not the best thats for sure. my toilet worked fine and the beds were actually nice. i would stay here again since i dont swim anyways, but looking at the other comments i might have to think again. i didnt eat breakfast here so no comment there. i stayed here in april of 2011.

Room Tip: check the pool before you even get dressed for it
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sudbury
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed at the Sleep Inn as we headed north to Mackinaw from Detroit. It was on the weekend. The hotel was totally filled. As a result it was a very noisy and crowded sleepover. There is a need for some improvement in the rooms. The bathroom and linens need an upgrading. The bathroom fan sounds like a helicopter! Breakfast time takes place in a small crowded room. Noisy confusion!
There is a huge parking lot. The pool/hot tub area needs a good cleaning.Not very relaxing environment in that room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brighton, MI
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were traveling thru and decided to stay and this hotel so our kids could swim and we could relax. This never happened. We ended up leaving 15 minutes after we checked in. The pool was filthy, the toilet wouldnt flush, the sink had a big crack in it and the bed sheets were not changed (pubic hair on the sheets). We left and were told we were gonna get a refund check in the mail but never did and still haven't received it. I've left numerous messages with the manager (PK) but he never calls me back. Next time I'm driving by, I wont be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BillyBrighton_MI

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

Tampa
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have stayed here before, and it was an alright stay nothing great but nothing horrible. It is a good deal and cheaper then most of the hotels, but now I see why. I reserved a room, and my first room looked like it hadn't been cleaned. So I went back, and they found me a next door room. This room was cleaned, but a few of the pillows didn't have pillow cases on it. The third room was finally clean and good to go. However, the internet didn't work in this room at all which was not too good. The bed was horrible, you could see how the middle was sunk in before I even got on the bed. Unfortunately this was the last time I would be staying in this hotel, I have stayed before but not anymore until they upgrade a lot. I stay in many many hotels (100 per year) and as you can see from all of my other reviews, this stay was by far the worst one I had. The only one positive was the good service I received when the front desk person was friendly and did her best to find me a clean room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We booked this room for 2 nights, but after the first night's lousy sleep we cancelled the 2nd and went elsewhere. The mattress can easily rate as one of the worst 5 I ever TRIED to sleep on. Limited TV stations, definitely needs some updating. One good point = It is close to the airport and cheap.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I spent one night here for business, and this is a basic Sleep Inn. Most of the Sleep Inn's are doing some renovating and updating, but this one seems to be behind that. The room was the usual, decent furniture and a regular TV. There were not that many options when it came to the TV channels, but that was alright. The wireless internet worked fine for me, but the desk person said there are areas of the hotel where its not working. The hotel is in not that great of an area of town, but that is ok for one night. It shares a parking lot with the Comfort Inn right next door as well. Overall for about $50 bucks total, for one night its not too bad as long as you get a room with internet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank USFBowler
SAULT STE. MARIE
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Dirty socks were in our room, internet was slow and can only be used in the lobby. breakfast sucked, gross! Phones dont work properly and the pool was broken. They never even offered to reduce our rate for any of this. what a dump. your better off staying across the road at the motel 6.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends