“Cheap, but less than average. clean rooms, but poor service”

Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Singapore, Singapore
“Cheap, but less than average. clean rooms, but poor service”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I found a good deal online and booked 2 double bedrooms (1 double twin and 1 double queen) for our family of 5. We were driving from Toronto to Frankenmuth to Chicago. The hotels in Frankenmuth were a but pricey, so I booked this motel, a 30min drive from Frankenmuth. A bit out of the way for me, but we chose to sacrifice a bit of time for the money saved.

When we got to check in at around 1030pm, the receptionist said that one of the rooms (double queen) was not available. I was quite irritated, as I had booked a week in advance, and just wanted us to have enough bed space for the night. I complained to the receptionist, saying that I booked it so that we would have enough bed space for everyone to get a decent sleep for the night. He didn't really know what to say or how to respond. I had to ask him if I could get a deal/discount etc, before he sugguested that he would call and talk to the manager.

He was also holding up the line because another customer was waiting. Eventually he got back to us and said that the manger will offer to give us an extra room free of charge

Breakfast for rather sorry. You had to ask receptionist for hot water, they would take your cup, open the door to their receptionist area and hand it back to you.

While the breakfast wasn't very good and neither was the service the rooms were clean, and beds sleepable - bug-free, clean sheets.

I guess for 50bucks a room, it is value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank missylo
super8flintmi, Webmaster at Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Flint / Bishop Airport for your recent stay in our area.

• Registration staff was approached about making sure that registrations made ahead of time are honored.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flint / Bishop Airport. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed here two weeks ago. It's nowhere near as close to the airport as it says. The "shuttle' is some random dude in a beat up minivan who seems to come and go... whenever? Holes in the paint & walls. But, the worst is the smell. The whole place just reeks of body odor- Reeks! Avoid this hotel at all cost.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank PureMiPuraVidaATL
Dear Guest,

• Management was approached about seeing that the distance between our establishment and the airport is properly given.

• Management and shuttle operator(s) were approached about having a proper schedule for the shuttle.

• Management and maintenance were approached about your report of a smell and instructed to look into the matter and do what can be done to eliminate it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flint / Bishop Airport. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Was really impressed. With tax, I paid $62 and felt that was a really good deal. The spacious room looked to have been recently renovated and was appointed in a nice modern style you would expect at a much higher-end property. There were a few loose and cracked tiles on the bathroom floor, but that's a fairly minor complaint. The breakfast was pretty basic Super 8-type, but hey, it's free. The desk clerk was a very polite gentleman.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Super803305, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thanks for your positive Review on our Flint Super8 Property

We Look forward to Seeing you again in your future Travels

Thanks
Flint Super8 Management
Nova Scotia
Reviewed December 7, 2010

This is the second year that I stayed at this particular hotel for my Black Friday shopping trip in the US. Rooms were clean and comfortable enough although showing age and wear, and came equipped with a fridge and microwave. There was also free Wi-Fi which was easy to access. A free continental breakfast was also included for the price of $41 US per night. The staff appeared to be friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently quite close to many restaurants and shopping centers.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Thanks for your positive Review on our Flint Super8 Property

We Look forward to Seeing you again in your future Travels

Thanks
Flint Super8 Management
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Well, my stay overall was pretty good. I checked into the hotel around 4 p.m. the staff was pretty helpful and friendly. The rooms were comfy, nice and clean. Clean means allot to me so this was a bonus! My friends and I were exhausted and hungry after check in and wanted a simple but hardy meal. The nice lady up front gave me directions to several local nice restaurants and also took the time to help my buddy locate where the mall was for his personal needs. Breakfast was pretty nice the next morning and met expectations. I will recommend to my fam. and my friends most def!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Thanks for the Positive review on our Flint super8 Property. We look forward to servicing your needs again

Super 8 Flint
Management
West Carrollton, Ohio
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Don't waste your money! The place was filthy, smelled bad, was cramped and old. The customer service was the worst I have ever experienced at any hotel I have ever stayed. The front desk person, I think her name was RJ, was incredibly rude. When we told her we wanted our money back and were going to stay elsewhere, she acted like the issues were our problem. She almost started an argument with us until a man came in asking to see one of the rooms-she quickly changed her tone. I told the man to go to Red Roof in front (the 2 hotels shared the same parking lot) it was much nicer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank robin2848
, Manager at Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
I am sorry for any inconvience you experienced at our hotel, and we have refunded your charges so no expense occurred. Thanks.
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Reviewed September 4, 2010

We booked this hotel as a park, sleep and fly. We booked directly through the hotel and not another website. When we got to hotel, in the evening, there were only 3 cars in parking lot. Got inside and hotel was dirty and nasty. Got to our room and key cards did not work. Desk employee came to door and he could not get key to work, nor his master key. Went and got another key and it still would not work. Finally got moved to another room, another floor and key card finally let us in room. Room was okay once you get past the front desk. When we checked in we confirmed shuttle to airport for the following morning at 4:45 a.m. Got down to lobby before 4:45 a.m. and asked about shuttle - it was not there. Desk person called driver, who didn't arrive in time for us to get to airport and they charged us extra for wanting to leave our car there (even though I booked as park, sleep and fly). We ended up driving ourselves to airport. The "shuttle" obviously is not kept on site and is not reliable. If we would have waited for them to get there, we would have missed our flight. I cannot recommend this hotel as a park, sleep and fly!! There are better hotels in the area who offer park, sleep and fly.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stolcamp
Dear Guest,

• Management received additional training in properly registering guests for park, sleep and fly.

• Shuttle staff received additional training in presenting a proper shuttle schedule.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flint / Bishop Airport. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc

Been to Super 8 Flint Miller Rd/Airport? Share your experiences!