“Once renovations done it should be a great hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Peterborough, Ontario
“Once renovations done it should be a great hotel”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Booked 15 rooms for 2 nights - ladies shopping trip to the area...

Positives: The foyer and breakfast area have been fully redone - while we were there we watched an employee exchange out pretty much all the rooms in the hotel , their tv's upgraded to flat screens - ours were already done (Thanks George) The bedding and beds were all new and very comfortable. The breakfast was standard but lots of it and the breakfast lady was very nice and helpful - George - peanut butter and ketchup would be a nice touch...

Negatives: The rooms were tired looking... our room had a poorly patched ceiling in a large area and the caulking in the tub was moldy and black looking and grout on tiles yellowed... many of the ladies complained that their carpeting was worn and ripped in places and their heaters noisy... the pool was cold and the exercise room smelled musty so the ladies did not use the facilities offered...

I am positive that if George continues the upgrades that he has planned and in the midst of doing that this will be a very nice hotel - the price is great, the staff was wonderful and in a good area....

Room Tip: Just contact and speak to George - I'm sure he will do what ever he can to get you in a renovate...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lynore1793

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Due to a power outage, we've had to find hotels to stay in. Being from Flint, we know hotel selection is limited.

That said, hotel was clean. Clerk was friendly. I find it funny though that when I arrived to check in I was told the room was $79 yet when I had called about an hour earlier I was told $69. When I mentioned that, she quickly dropped the price down, but why the difference? I tried calling the front desk from our room later that night and apparently like a previous review stated they must not be at the desk much because no one answered.

The room was clean but still needs some work - one of the wall lamps between the bed was extremely loose. The covers of the screws that hold down the toilet seat were missing. Little things, but things that should be easily fixed.

There are no elevators, thankfully we only had one suitcase to drag up. The indoor pool, which is really the only reason we decided to stay there - making the best out of the situation - was very, very cold. A smaller pool or hot tub was covered with what looked like a large wooden pallet. Plus out of about 8 lights above the pool only was one on/working. There were no towels available near the pool either.

Also we noticed that the ice machine was out of order and when we left the the morning the front panel had fallen off completely and was lying on the floor. The vending machine appeared to be not working. And in passing on our way to the lobby we noticed 2-3 video games that also appeared to be off and/or out of order. We didn't have much time for breakfast but it looked well stocked - hot waffles, muffins, etc. Of course we got there right at 6 when it started.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a ground floor if you have a lot of luggage or have problems with stairs.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
London ON
Reviewed November 13, 2013

pool nice a warm, staff very helpful (when at the desk - were often away) shuttle on return was cabs - but didn't have to wait - just had to find them!!! Although we booked 2 rooms with the park and fly - they only thought one room was flying!!! But they straighten that out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
DENVER
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I read some reviews here and it seems that it was being renovated and I gave it a shot. Either I didn't get a renovated room or their idea of renovation is pretty half-assed.

I arrived after a long drive and hauled my bag up the stairs(!). I found a room with a tube television. What hotel has tube televisions anymore? Where does one even get one? Okay minor gripe.

The bed was comfy but there were around eight of these mini-pillows instead of regular pillows. Personally I like to wrap my arm around a pillow when I sleep. Not possible.

I got up a few times in the evening to drink some water. When I turn the bathroom light on in the morning there was a small swarm of tiny flying insects around and in the sink. Eww. I wonder how many of them I ingested with my water? I told the front desk and they were "eww" as well but didn't show any real concern.

Made my exit to the Hampton for an exceptional second night before returning home. Tried to save a little bit money and learned my lesson.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank brentholio

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Not sure about what I've been reading the comfort inn serms to me like a great place to stay.. There under some renovations but when it complete it will be beautiful. Friendly staff that are very helpful. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Not a bad place to stay...

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank crystalivy85
george B, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
To our Valued Guests,

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. I am a part of the new management group that took over the Comfort Inn Bishop Airport - Flint on March 1, 2013. Since then, we have been taking action as required based upon guest comments. We have also been improving the quality of our service and renovating the hotel. Our goal is to create the best possible experience for our guests, at a great value. We hope that you will return and see this for yourself! Please feel free to contact us at the hotel directly if you would like to discuss further.

Waterville, Ohio
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am a Diamond Member of Choice Hotels. I travel 150 nights a year with Choice Hotels because of their great rewards program. I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS SIMPLE...BOOKED THE ROOM WITH NO ADVANCE NOTICE THAT THE HOTEL WAS UNDER TOTAL (AND I MEAN TOTAL) CONSTRUCTION! Hallways were stripped of paint, and my room was ....HORRIBLE! Desk lamp didn't work, beds looked like...THEY WERE SLEPT IN EVERY NIGHT FOR THE PAST TWO MONTHS. Here ya go on the real scoop ~ I have either spider bites or bed bugs...SEVERAL! I guess at a rate of $62 per night (with AARP discount) you get what you pay for. The ONLY thing I wish I would have been told is that this hotel was under total construction! The bed bugs/spider bites aren't helping with this review...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank taframp
To our Valued Guests,

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. I am a part of the new management group that took over the [Comfort Inn Bishop Airport - Flint on March 1, 2013. Since then, we have been taking action as required based upon guest comments. We have also been improving the quality of our service and renovating the hotel. Our goal is to create the best possible experience for our guests, at a great value. We hope that you will return and see this for yourself! Please feel free to contact us at the hotel directly if you would like to discuss further.

Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed January 26, 2013

During my trip to Flint, I was happy to find a Comfort Inn located near Flint's Bishop Int'l Airport. However, the great location and comfortable room (just needed for a quick stay, not luxury) didn't really overcompensate for the lack of genuine service received when booking the room, checking-in, etc.

Overall, the hotel room was clean and served its purpose. However, I still think the service could use a bit of an upgrade.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends