Quality Inn & Suites Airport
$88
$47
$45
$39
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife and I booked a free one night stay with my Choice card points. Chose this hotel over the Sleep Inn next door mainly because the hot breakfast area looked better. First impression is everything when it comes to a hotel - the lobby was hot and stuffy (no AC?), the carpet and chairs in the lobby were stained, and check in was super slow with only one person working at the front desk who was interupted constantly by other employees. The hall leading to our room stunk - smelled like old furniture or old carpet or sweat, all common areas in the hotel were hot and stuffy (no AC?), the door to the cleaning supply room was wide open our entire stay and a huge mess (nice view as you're walking down the hall), and there was a nice group of the room cleaning crew standing outside the back door smoking in plain site of any guest who wanted to see them. Our room was actually the high point of our stay - overall, it was clean but definitely in need of some professional carpet and furniture cleaning as well as new window treatments as the sun was shining through the holes in the drapes. After a night out, my wife and I returned to the hotel in the evening to a group of 7 or 8 people having a huge argument in the parking lot - I felt very unsafe and was actually waiting for a fight to break out. Now on to the reason I had chosen this hotel in the first place - the breakfast: Again, it was very hot and stuffy in the breakfast area (does this hotel not have AC?), carpet and chairs are in dire need of cleaning, the food itself was a joke - with an hour left until the breakfast was to end, they were out of nearly everything - no bagels, no donuts, no yogurt, no fruit, cereal but no milk, no waffles....what a joke of a breakfast!! My question to Choice Hotels, when they gave away these free points to get people to try their hotels, did they do it to show us why we should never use them again? I thought it was a promotion to get people to actually want to use them in the future.....strange marketing technique if you ask me. This is strike one for Comfort Inn and Choice Hotels, although I've got more points to use so I'll try another hotel in the future and see what happens - I don't give up that easily.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank J-T-J-R-K
Reviewed May 7, 2012

When we walked in to the hotel, we immediately thought things may not go well. Right after checking in we discovered there was no elevator and our room was on the second floor. Normally not a big deal but it would have been nice to know to begin as we had quite a bit of luggage. Upon opening the door to our room, it smelled terrible - like old smoke and mold even though we had requested a nonsmoking room. The carpet was very dirty and bunched up, there were holes in the walls and very little toilet tissue in the bathroom. We tried to change rooms only to be told they were full. We thought we had enough toilet tissue to make it to the next day as it was later in the evening. The next morning we got up and showered and left for the day. Upon coming back late that evening, it was apparent someone came into our room,turned off the AC but did nothing else. No beds made (not a big deal), however, the bathroom was not cleaned, we had no toilet tissue and now we had no towels. I went downstairs to get more towels, toilet tissue and also some ice. I was told at the desk there were no towels but I could check after 11 a.m. the next day. We were checking out the next day and checkout time was 11 a.m. Then I asked for toilet tissue and was told they were out. WHAT???? After a "discussion" she then went and checked and came out with a new roll of toilet tissue (after offering to remove some from the public restroom). We never were able to get new towels. The ice machine was also broken and unusable. The breakfast was sparse and not kept up.

I recommend trying another hotel before staying here. I will NOT be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kimynot
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I travel quite a bit and usually stay at Choice Properties. I am an Elite Diamond member with Choice Privileges.I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years, however, this will be my last. The general condition of the property has gone down hill. The carpet in the hallways is dirty as well as in the rooms. My sink would not drain. I asked on two seperate occasions to have maintenance remedy the problem to no avail. I would have thought housekeeping would have noticed the problem when they cleaned the sinks, maybe they didn't clean the sinks. The so-called business center had no working computers during my stay so printing out documents for a meeting I had was useless. I had to go across the parking lot to the Sleep Inn to do so. Anyway, I would not recommend this property anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank T-Bone215
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Good Customer Service. Got my room walked in and the room stunk like smoke!. They gave me a new room and that was nice. The heater was so loud i slept like crap the whole time. The shower has no pressure and the tub had a crack/hole that water started leaking below the tub. I did have a room with a hot-tub but when I got out the drain stop would not open so I could not get the water to drain and I didn't want maintenance in my room that late. The Pool was closed so I never used it and I skipped breakfast since because Starbucks is right down the road and I love breakfast and the peeps that I can hang out there.
My room was clean but that hotel is in need of a upgrade.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport hotel in flint MI and frist of all the rooms was drity. I needed clean sheets and covers. I left sunday and payed with my credit card and they charged my card for the room and then monday I;m at work 4 hours away and when I came home and checked my card they charged me another 100.00 and than 50.00 but remind you I already paid 132.56 for two nights already. I tryed to call the hotel to see why and they are giving me the run around.They won't tell you who the managers is or let you speak with them. No one has called me back yet.. Don't stay there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends