“So Good We Went Back!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Hanover
“So Good We Went Back!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Visited there last weekend - twice in our way through to a shopping spree. Had the garbage can lid dinner for two on Friday night: brisket, chicken, and ribs, with two sides and cornbread muffins. Best corn bread I'd had in years. Meat was so tender and selection if sauces fun. Jen Jen, our waitress, was great - very attentive and helpful with directions. We had leftovers for a full lunch the next day.
Went back Sunday on our way home. Partner focused on brisket and I tried the sausages. I really enjoyed the potato salad and collared greens for sides. She said the coleslaw was particularly good. We also both ordered a side if burnt ends. Just as delicious with plenty to eat and great service.
Will be back again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Paul S

Sarnia, Canada
“Perfect”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Excellent as always!!! Server Jennifer was great to deal with, the food was fantastic and location was very convenient

Visited July 2013
Portage, Michigan
“Delicious BBQ, not so delicious service”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in at noon for lunch on Saturday. We got a seat right away. I had a brisket sandwich and my daughter had the burger with brisket mixed in with the meat, melted jack cheese and onion straws on top. My sandwich was really good--the brisket was nice and tender. I typically prefer sliced, but this was chopped and it was fine. My daughter's sandwich was one of the beast burgers I've ever eaten with just the right amount of char. Cole slaw was nice and creamy. Potato fries were nice and thick with lots of potato flavor. It was fun trying all the sauces. Wilbur's revenge is SPICY be careful with that one.

Service was ok, we waited a really ling time for our check. I'm not sure if our server went on break or what, but that was really annoying to be finished with our meal and the. Have to wait for ever to pay and leave. Improve the service and this would have been a most enjoyable time.

Visited July 2013
Milan, Italy
“Flint location has the WORST service & dinning experience”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have been to many many many Famous Daves locations across the USA. This one however stood out to me. We entered the restaurant and were not given an option if we wanted to sit in the dinning room or in the bar. We were automatically sat in the bar. When we ordered our food I specified do not char my burger because I will send it back and I do not want to do that. The burger arrives and mine and my boyfriends were BOTH charred. I waited 25 minutes for my next burger. My boyfriend ordered the chips and they put them on my plate so when they took my burger away they also took his chips. When the burger came for the second time it was charred again. I sucked it up and ate it anyways. They did however give me half off the burger. We waited for our food for a very very long time. We did not get the little chip show at the beginning where they introduce their sauces and we were dissatisfied with our service. Our waitress never checked up on us once during this time to see if the food was good, we had to flag her over. Will never return to this location.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Murzle
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Everything about our trip to Famous Dave's was excellent! It was our first time ever eating there not just this location but ever. We went in knowing that it was a bbq place but that's it. Our waitress was very nice and let us know right away that today's special was $10 off the feast for two. So that's what we got and it was awesome! It came with ribs, half a chicken, and you had a choice of pork or beef brisket we chose pork (you could get half and half) corn on the cob, Cole slaw, corn bread, and potato wedges. I can't express how much everything tasted so good! If we didn't have so much left over I would eat there again tomorrow! If I knew anyone here I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

• Visited May 2013