“Great BBQ, Family Atmosphere”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #25 of 346 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Great BBQ, Family Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great Ribs, Good sides, good service. We have dined at several locations of this chain and have no complaints.

• Visited June 2012

Flint, Michigan
“Great Rib Tips! Great Pecan Pie! Yum!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you love BBQ you will love Famous Dave's.
After helping yourself to some rib tips, chicken and beef brisq, you must finish the course off with a Pecan Pie. It comes hot with a scoup of vanilla bean ice cream.

Visited June 2012
Flint, Michigan
“Soooo Good!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

If you have a taste for some great barbeque, go here!!!

Visited April 2012
Holly, Michigan
“Great BBQ, Killer Bread Pudding.”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Love going their with my wife and splitting a bread pudding after a pulled pork sandwich (memphis style). They have a sauce for everyone.

Michigan
“Decent Food”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My son loves ribs, so we like to go to Famous Dave's. He's eight, and the first time we went, we ordered off the kid's menu, and he only got a couple ribs--maybe enough for a small child, but not enough for any kid over five, I'd think. This time, we knew to order off the adult menu so he'd get a better portion, but it kills my budget. (I wish they had an in-between option where a kid could get more ribs, but not the big adult meal.) I ordered a half slab of ribs for him and he had plenty to eat, and some to take home. I had the BBQ chicken. Each of our meals came with two side items, which were good. I enjoyed the potato salad and cole slaw, while my son enjoyed fries and steamed broccoli. I also ordered a "to-go" meal for my husband, and it was ready just in time for us to leave so that it didn't get cold while we ate.

Our server was fabulous. She was quick to bring us our drinks, and she was friendly. She even gave my son a high five when she learned that he was using the hottest of their BBQ sauces on his ribs. She was quick to offer refills, too. There are paper towels and moist towelettes on the table, which were necessary since the ribs were quite messy. There is also a wonderful selection of various sauces on the table, so you can try sweet or hot BBQ sauces with your order. We tried them all, and they each have their own unique flavor. My favorite is the "Sweet and Zesty," while my more adventurous son favors the very hot and spicy "Devil's Spit."

This is a good place to eat. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes BBQ. There is usually a wait, but they have quite a few benches where you can sit as you wait. The bathrooms are clean, and the overall atmosphere of the restaurant is casual and friendly. The prices are a little high, though. The portions are good, at least for the adult meals. In addition to the sides, each meal comes with a small corn-on-the-cob and a deliciously sweet cornbread muffin. This isn't a place to go for a night out if you're on a budget. For an occasional special event or night on the town, though, it's a good place to go.

• Visited December 2011