“Wide menu, good steak plus microbrewery” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Redwood Steakhouse & Brewery

Redwood Steakhouse & Brewery
Ranked #2 of 344 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Wide menu, good steak plus microbrewery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed right across at one of 3 hotels at Gateway Center and this was the place to go! Steaks great and we returned the next eve for fish & chicken. Equally delicious. Mention hotel and get a discount. Nice microbrew samplers. Decent dessert tray. Rustic decor and nice servers.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

ohio
“mixed review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

After reading the great reviews on TA, we were looking forward to a good meal at Redwood.
We began our dining experience with a drink, my DH had one of their draft beers and enjoyed it; I had a scotch on the rocks...lots of ice, little scotch (at least the price for the drink $5.50 wasn't a rip off for the amount of alcohol). We asked our server some questions about the entrees; she was knowledgable and tried to be helpful. My husband ordered a bottle of wine for us and the Filet Oscar for his entree and I ordered the Chuck Filet (I almost ordered the tenderloin but enjoy chuck roasts/pot roasts so I thought I'd try this for something different and also because many on TA had commented positively about it). I asked our server what she thought and her only comment was that it isn't as tender as the filet tenderloin which was understandable. House salads were part of the meal and we both thought they were the BEST part of the meal - mixed greens with walnuts, goat cheese and dried cherries - delicious. My husband was pleased with his entree - he said he's had better but was content. When I got my entree I stared at it and asked the server what was on top of the meat - it was covered with cold fresh chopped greens and slivered carrot sticks - this was NOT in the description of the entree. The server just said it was the "garnish" for the entree; to me, it was very unappetizing and did not compliment the entree. I said to the server that I thought it was very "unappetizing". The server knew I was displeased, yet she just left us and NEVER returned to ask us how were were enjoying our meals until it was obvious my husband was finished eating. I scrapped off the "garnish" and the chuck filet looked fine - there was very little demi glace and I noted only one mushroom slice and one small onion slice (maybe the garnish was to cover this up). But the worse was the steak; I could NOT cut it with my steak knife. I ordered it medium rare (as I would a regular filet tenderloin) - I think that was my mistake. It was cooked med rare but I could not slice anything off except the edges and after two bits - which were tasteless, I said to my husband "I'm done". He felt bad for me and shared some of his meal which he had not problem doing since we were traveling and he couldn't take a "doggy bag" home. When our server finally returned, she saw that I had not eaten my meal and asked if I wanted to take it home; I simply said "no". She knew I was unhappy, yet did nothing or said nothing about it. We were staying in Flint for two nights and our original plan was to return to Redwood the next night to enjoy some of their beer and onion soup (which is highly recommended), but after this experience, we decided to go elsewhere. I know that I probably should have expressed my "more strongly" my dissatisfaction, but the server had a way about her that was "I dare you to critize the meal" so I just let it go. I wish I could remember her name.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
“Excellent food and beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were pleased that our Marriott sent us here, with a discount offer. The beer was very good, I especially liked the IPA. My wife had the Pot Roast, which she said was great, and tender. I had the salmon Oscar, which was served on top of two crab cakes, and was very rich and tasty. Thought the prices were very reasonable. Would gladly return to try other menu items.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Chain atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This is more of a brewery w a restaurant. Very l
Big w a lodge like feeling. Good bar and many TVs. Food is average, wine list above average and beer above average. I would go back just because competition is weak.

Visited July 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Delmonico steak not edible, salad and Cali rolls excellent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We ate there as a family, 5 of us. The 3 dip appetizer was not good, except hummus was ok. Store bought hummus is better. The Delmonico steak was not cooked as asked, half was bloody rare and the other part cooked more. I ordered warm pink center. I had one bite of outside when waiter asked how it was and I said ok. Every bite after that was not edible as it was gristly and stringy. I had to spit out every bite. The waiter never asked again and kept running by talking quickly. I made sure he heard me about my steak anyway. They did not offer a discount or take the steak off bill. Most all of the steak was left on my plate. I also asked if he could check for soy in the salad dressing i wanted and he told me to use oil and vinegar because it was better for me. No thanks, i would rather have some flavor if possible. that's why i asked. He did check finally. The other food was good. Bread good, Cali rolls were fresh and excellent. Salads great.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Redwood Steakhouse & Brewery? Share your experiences!