“Most Addictive”

Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Flint, mi
“Most Addictive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you like garlic, the brick-oven pita bread and garlic dip will give you serious cravings. A note of warning: The garlic stays on your breath for the rest of the day and leaves an aftertaste that is impossible to completely cleanse away.

The sandwich wraps are very good as well. I ordered the Lamb Kabob sandwich wrap and my wife ordered the fajita wrap. Both were excellent!

The last time I ate at Taboon was over a year ago, and at that time, I ordered a lamb dinner entree and the lamb was the most tender and best tasting that I've ever had.

This place is on the very tippy-top of my favorites list in the "lamb" and "appetizer bread bowl" categories.

The decor is nice, with a good amount of booth seating as well as table settings for larger groups. There is a small fountain in the dining room with an odd feature... a plastic bucket on a pump. Be sure to walk over near the brick oven and peek inside. You'll see lots of little pita breads baking in there.

I MOST-HIGHLY recommend Taboon at the Valley if you love lamb and brick-oven bread.

• Visited January 2013

Woodmere, New York
“Reliable, Tasty and Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have enjoyed this establishment for years. You will feel at home here.I have found the staff very helpful and eager to make your visit a treat. The pita bread is fresh from the oven and is served with a garlic sauce that will wake up your taste buds. I have tried a number of meat and vegetarian dishes over the years and always leave satiated and content. Good value for the portion size. We will be back. I have read some of the reviews by folks who have had a bad experience here but thankfully my luck here has been consistently good.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Douglas S
Dayton, Ohio
“One of our favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

This is one place we visit everything we come to Flint. The hummus is wonderful and the bread with garlic spread is incredible. My favorite is the Ghallaba.

Flint, Michigan
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Cold chicken with a slight old/rotten taste and unable to swallow the beef because of the massive amount of salt on it. Had to return this entree (Shawarma Combo) but they still charge me for the sald that comes with the meal plus extra 75cents for the feta cheese that the waitress asked if I wanted left on or off the salad! Absolutely unpleasant experience:( WILL NOT BE A RETURN CUSTOMER !!!

Visited December 2012
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Try another restaurant!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

If you want repeat customers give them a wonderful dining experience. If the chicken is spoiled and the beef is too salty, so as 2 of the 3 meals not touched are returned, what should the restaurant do? Certainly not charge you for the complimentary salad and soup that comes with the meal, I can get that at home. Would we want something else? First of all, it took awhile to get the dinner, and now we want that same offended cook to give us something else. Not. So to keep the two without dinners occupied, the waitress brings a tiny plate of grilled vegetables. In the meantime, one person enjoyed their meal, the other two sat and waited till he was finished. Restaurants today have one chance to make that customer a returning customer, and it is not with the great appetizers, it starts with great food of which this restaurant did not have, nor a clear understanding of customer satisfaction.

• Visited December 2012