“horrible service”

Airport Inn Flint
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Flint
“horrible service”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

started out reviewing previous reviews and it is a quarter of a mile from airport - started our ok we had requested a wake up call - never received it - they promised shuttle service to airport and we could leave our car at their facility as we would be flying back late and would stay their upon our return - we returned and calle the hotel and no one answers - we called numerous times and finally called a cab for $14 - arrived at hotel and there is no one there - they have a note instructing us to use intercom at left (it was on right wall) for service - again no one answers so we packed our bags and headed home in a snow storm - i would not recommend this hotel to anyone - no one covering desk - you might as well sleep in your car as anyone could have gone into that hotel (it is in a not so nice neighborhood) - not secure at all - horrible experience and definately will not recommend them to anyone

Room Tip: drive a little farther and get better quality service -
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cdpatches

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and daughter. I'm a Michigan State Trooper and all the other hotels on Miller rd were dirty and had questionable people loitering around the area at all times of the night which made me feel unsafe. The people who work here were awesome and the area has no real foot track to speak of. I would recommend to anyone on a budget staying in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank cbebow
Plattsburgh, New York, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My 20 y.o.daughter and I were driving from upstate NY to Chicago via Canada.. We arrived MUCH later than planned[near midnight!] when we arrived, the desk clerk greeted us warmly...quickly got us settled in...very kind and helpful to two very tired travelers. WONDERFUL comfortable clean room and beds...The next morning, the welcome we received from the hotel managers was even BETTER!!! The continental breakfast was wonderful! Waffles to die for! Fresh juice...coffee.....donuts...toast...almost anything one could ask for! Even more outstanding was the fact they actually held breakfast over a bit so my exhausted daughter could eat her breakfast before we were on our way! The property was not at a prime location, but the service and hospitality MORE than made up for it! I recommend this hotel to anyone in the area...these folks REALLY know the meaning of hospitality!

Room Tip: appears to be very quiet location
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Terri M
Joseph L, General Manager at Airport Inn Flint, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank You Terri for your kind words!

It means more to us that you had a great time in Flint and at the Econo Lodge even though it was just for 1 night. Our staff goes out of the way to make sure that every guest feels special like they do at home. We hope that if you are ever in the area again to stop by and visit us and we will give you a hospitable welcome!
Allendale, Michigan
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We needed an accommodation near an event we were attending in Flint. After checking TripAdvisor reviews we decided to make our reservation using our Choice Points. We found this place to be very clean and comfortable. Staff was very helpful, efficient, and friendly. They recommended a nearby restaurant which we would not have risked trying on our own...little local diner. Overall this was a great choice for our purposes. Don't judge this place from the outside!! They have definitely spent their efforts on the interior.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Joseph L, General Manager at Airport Inn Flint, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank You for your response on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your candid remarks about our service and cleanliness. During the past few months the management team has strongly enforced the importance of great customer service and clean rooms. We are looking to make the outside of the hotel more appealing with fresh landscaping as well as adding extra amenities come spring time. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you come back in the immediate future.
JACKSON
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The room itself was nice and updated. The linens were fresh and clean. The room had a microwave and mini frig. The large flat screen TV was nice, but the satellite kept going out. The large lounging chair, desk and large mirror focused on the bed were a nice amenity. We were woken up at 5:30 a.m. with a loud screeching sound which turned out to be the room next door taking a shower. The water when poured in a glass was very cloudy, I didn't even want to brush my teeth with it. The bathroom was clean, but in much need of updating. The tub was stained and in bad need of tile and chalk repair. Water pressure was non existent and after one short shower there wasn't even enough hot water for a complete second shower. The continental breakfast was an absolute joke. At 9:30 a.m. there was one cup of old coffee, a few slices of bread in a box and a basket covered with a napkin of 4 stale mini donuts. The orange juice was sitting on the counter in an open pitcher. Needless to say we are eating breakfast elsewhere. The hallway was very cold and smelled of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Airport Inn Flint, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I am sorry that your stay was not the most pleasant experience. I want to first comment on the water being "cloudy". We have an reverse osmosis septic water system that takes all the impurites out of the water. Although the water may appear to be cloudy when it first comes out of the sink after a few seconds the water will appear normal. As far the overall bathroom conditions we are currently working on renovating some of the older tubs and sinks. The bathrooms are very clean but they do need to be replaced. Our breakfast selection is in compliance within Choice Standards and we are working on ways to improve the breakfast selection: such as waffles, fruit, and biscuits and gravy. I would hope that you would reconsider your hotel choice if you are ever in the immediate area again to come back to the Econo Lodge and our staff will do their very best to accomodate your needs.
Flint, Michigan, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently needed a place to stay until my apartment was ready. The Econo Lodge was SUPER clean and comfortable. You won't find a cleaner or cozier hotel at such an affordable price. The rooms had modern decor and up-to-date ammenties (Including a flat screen television), mini fridge, nice/clean linens. The bathroom had beautiful tile and fixtures. This was much more than I expected for the price, so I was definately pleased. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. I stayed for about 10 days and housekeeping kept the room spotless. We always had plenty of towels, and the front desk had no problem giving us an extra blanket when it got chilly one night. Our room had 2 double beds, armoire for storage, an extra lounging chair, and a computer desk/chair for workspace. It also had plenty of lighting placed throughout the entire room. There is also a small dinning area near the front lobby. This is where they serve the continental breakfast. There is a TV there also, in case you wanted to sit there to eat instead of going back to your room. When you first walk in, the lobby area is inviting and the clerks at the front desk are nice. Overall, I was delighted with the accomodations and service. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, Manager at Airport Inn Flint, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank You for your kind words! We are under new management and are looking to make the hotel pleasing to the guest the minute they see our sign. I take pride in knowing that we have the cleanest hotel in all of Flint. I hope that you will stop in again and check us out!
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We drove into town for a family cookout and as I pulled up I was shaking my head "no!"and was ready to cancel my reservation. But decided to not judge the book by it's cover, so I entered to check it out. I first asked to use the restroom and it was spotless as was the lobby. Before I would sign that I would pay $150 if the room smelled of smoke I wanted to check to make sure it didn't. The staff had no problem in showing me the room first. And to my surprise it was really nice, clean and modern looking. Not like the outer appearance! After checking in we checked under the bedding for bed bugs (any bugs) and found nothing. The carpet wasn't grimy or smelly. My only discord was I saw a strand of long hair on the sink and floor of the bathroom. (Note to housekeeping: pay close attention to the small details.) I owned a cleaning service for 8yrs and have an eye for detail.
When we returned that night it was nice and quite. We saw people but wasn't disturbed by noise. We had a great nightsleep and the front desk had no problem with giving us a later check out.

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Airport Inn Flint? Share your experiences!