“Tasty and not very expensive”

Flint Crepe Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Flint
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Savory & sweet crepes, locally roasted coffee, local ingredients, homemade food
East Lansing, Michigan
“Tasty and not very expensive”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Quite a nice little establishment in downtown Flint, with a pleasant atmosphere inside and a noticeable hipster presence. Had the egg and cheese crepe - french toast style, then the PB & chocolate crepe for dessert. Both were about $6 and delicious (so yes, my meal is getting pricey now, but normal people needn't eat two crepes!). And then I bought a t-shirt. Recommended.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank creationwaits

“Coolest crepe place!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I've been to crepe places in Paris, San Fransico and other places and this I the coolset one I've been to. And there coffee is great too.

2 Thank kevinj85
“Great casual crepe and coffee house”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I utterly agree with AvonJenae that I wish I had a similar place near my house. Luckily I come to Flint regularly and am able to get a quick bite at Flint Crepe. The service and food is great. I really appreciate that they list their suppliers (mostly local) right up on the wall. And the food reflects the freshness of the ingredients.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank c313l
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Wish We Had One in Our Town!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place ... from the service, to the atmosphere, to the quality and flavor of the food ... they are over five circles in my opinion.

Whoever it was who served me (wish I had his name!) was so knowledgeable and so helpful about explaining which ingredients were used in each crepe - why each was special - how all the ingredients come from local farms (which are listed on the wall) and in a non-salesy way really sold me on several amazing food/drink options I might have missed. I thought he was the owner, but he clarified that he just works there. Could've fooled me! This guy was committed!

I had the Reuben ($9) which was TO DIE FOR. Perfect harmony of flavors, packed with pure, organic sauerkraut (just cabbage and sea salt!) with just the perfect amount of corned beef. Yum!!

My son got the Monte Cristo ($8) which was a blend of Vermont and other cheeses, two organic, locally farmed eggs, and dowsed with just the right amount of raspberry jam / syrup.

My little guy just wanted a sugar and cinnamon crepe ($4) and when he couldn't finish, I had some for dessert ... again - so flavorful! The sugar was caramelized and just the perfect bit crunchy along with the soft doughiness of the crepe.

To drink I had the bottled Sweetwaters ginger lemon tea (with a touch of honey) and the guy behind the counter even offered to heat a bit up so I could taste it warm (free of charge).

My hubby got a shot of espresso and will never be the same. As the guy made it for him, he gave us both an education on why their coffee beans are so much better quality than most.

And to top it off, my boys tried the highly touted Caulder's chocolate milk and sucked it down at once - even before taking a bite of their crepes! They said it was SO creamy and chocolatey - again the best they've ever had.

The bill was a little steap for us for lunch. For three regular crepes and the dessert crepe with the shot of espresso, two glasses of chocolate milk and bottled tea it came to about $50 including the $5 tip which I gave simply because of his genuine kindness. There was no real table service, but he was super nice.

The atmosphere was cool and simple. They offer casual indoor and outdoor seating. The indoor space is a bit like a renovated warehouse with very high "industrial" ceilings and cute decor like old bikes and silver buckets with flowers. Lots of metal.

All transactions are processed on an iPad including credit card payments. They even ask if you want to have the receipt emailed directly to you!

I wish we lived closer! This would totally be my home away from home if we had one in PA. This might be the only reason I'd return to Flint!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Jenae H
Davison, Michigan
“Friendly, Friendly did I say Friendly!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Tho a bit cramped with flimsy chairs, we were able to find a pew towards the back to accomadate our group. The guys behind the counter were great, gave a quick rundown on the menu and offered suggestions. Our order was prepared fast and fresh and was delicious!
(highly pleasing to the senses, especially to taste or smell: a delicious dinner; a delicious aroma.)

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank DavisonMark

Been to Flint Crepe Company? Share your experiences!