“Unique, worth a try”

Cork on Saginaw
Ranked #15 of 346 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown inside a renovated bank building, Cork on Saginaw is a wine bar and bistro featuring New American cuisine as well as a custom craft cocktail list and craft bottle beer selection within a sleek, contemporary upscale yet laid back space.
Goodrich, Michigan
“Unique, worth a try”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Location is downtown in older buidling. Menu is unique.. Had the tenderloin skewer for appetizer whick was very good. Husband had Cuban pork shoulder that sounded like it was going to have wonderful flavors but was disappointly bland. I had the dutch west indian chicken satay which was very good; I would have it again. Lots of wine choices and a card system for tasting. Service was average but nothing to write home about. We will try again.

• Visited May 2013

Michigan
“Great wine bar in downtown Flint”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This small gem is owned by one of city’s top chefs and she and her staff create fresh, flavorful food. You can have a snack or a full meal finished by HOMEMADE chocolate chip cookies. The menu does change on a regular basis and there are specials every night. It is also open for lunch on Fridays. I have been there many times and have found the service to be first-class. The wine selection is excellent and you can even sample new wines for a small fee by the ounce at a self service machine Outdoor seating is available weather permitting.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank dinnerguest
Owosso, Michigan, United States
“Enjoyable atmosphere, thoughtful food, overall great date place.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We like the Cork. Nice crowd, good service and the food is good. The overall experience, downtown Flint, redone older building, nice bar, good service and good food make this one of our favorites stops, when we don't have time to travel further from Owosso about 30 minutes west.

The food is well thought out and well done. This trip we had the Charcuterie platter which had a bresaola, a salami, and rillettes. All were good, bresaola, and salami were purchased, and the rillettes were house made and for our tastes a little underseasoned but no complaints.

My wife had shrimp pasta, with a lot of lemon that she loved. It was pretty much a perfect italian style pasta, simple, not overthought, very good. I had a good Filet with AuGratin potatoes and asparagus, all were good, for me a little underseasoned but again no complaints.

NIce choice of wine, and unlike many place a good selection of our favorites, Italian. We'll be back.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank John B
Flint, MI
“One of the better downtown restaurants”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The Cork started out really strong (food-wise, not a wine drinker). For the first few months, the food was consistently delicious, quality ingredients and executed fabulously. Well, it's been open for over a year now and sadly, it hasn't stayed as good. The menu is slightly seasonal, so you're apt to see some new items on the menu and there's maybe 5 of each appetizers, entrees, desserts, smaller entrees (can't remember what they refer to them as). I'm a huge fan of pomme frites and the aioli (garlic mayonnaise) but stay away from the homemade ketchup (it tastes like potpourri). Sadly, I've had more experience with the frites soggy and cold than crisp and hot. Their coffee encrusted tenderloin and lamb chops have also been good and also not-so-good. Their charcuterie is very good, as well as the cheese platter. The desserts are good but not excellent. I've had their lobster mac and cheese and lobster grilled cheese - do not get those, they're very bad and not worth the money. I will say, whenever I bring someone into town, especially if I want to impress, this is where I take them. They have an excellent wine selection, good craft brew (no taps) and liquor selection. The decor is really nice, although, that has more to do with the bones of the building than the minimalist decor (good call). I just wish they'd remove those cheesy wine posters for something more sophisticated. Lastly, I've had poor service there only once, maybe twice and I come here at least twice a month. Most of the servers have been there since the beginning and are extremely pleasant and not at all snooty or dismissive. Although, their bartender is slow, she is also very nice.

• Visited August 2012
Burton, Michigan
“Two thumbs down”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Food was poor in quality and high in price. Soggy French fries or pomme Frits as they call them, we're a whopping seven dollars. Burger, yuk. Grilled cheese, nasty. And service, well let me tell you, was also horrible with a hour and fifteen minute wait.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Loretta W

Been to Cork on Saginaw? Share your experiences!