WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Atlanta, Georgia
“Flint Native”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I find it hard to believe that motel is rundown and you cant close the doors safely then ask for a different room. The point I make is that every building has its day; the other side you just happened to catch maintenance on vacation.

Room Tip: If the room isn't what you desire; ask for a different room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank nathan741974

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brantford, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Scary place! Very run down and has a large number of people using this as a residence. Police showed up a number of times in 2 days and people were sitting in the middle of the parking lot drinking. A lot of screaming, partying and sirens. We even moved the dresser in front of our door the second night. Find another place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Bolte59
Flint, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Forgot my charger in my room. Went back same day, no one was in the room beside housekeeper and my stuff magically disappeared. Do not stay here. TV missing buttons, sink drain broken, outlet covers cracked, lights go out and flicker, apparently they don't pay for snow removal, had to park on snow bank.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Serviceguybadmotel
Flint, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Cheapest.. and there's a reason for it.
We're forced to stay in a hotel due to a power outage. We're from Flint and know hotels are limited. We're also on a budget so after staying at a more expensive hotel, we decided to tighten our belts and go cheaper because who knows how many more nights we'll be kept out of our house.

This hotel is very ran down. But for one night we survived. Front lobby is clean and the staff was friendly. We were assigned room 207 (I mention this as a warning to anyone who gets the same room so they can check the door!). At first glance it was clean and smelled heavily of air freshener spray but that's ok I guess. I do think the beds were different sized though (a queen & a double maybe). I decided to step outside to look for an ice machine and when I did, I realized the deadbolt would not disengage. There was no way of closing the door. I finally tried turning the interior handle which disengaged it but was worried if I closed it, the bolt would re-engage and we wouldn't be able to get back inside. As I had my daughter stand outside the door to test the lock while I was still inside, the door handle fell off in my hand! No way was this a safe room to stay in. We grabbed our stuff and headed back to the office. Staff quickly changed our room.

The next room (non-smoking) we went to reeked of smoke. It wasn't overwhelming and at this point I didn't feel like packing up everything and my 2 kids to switch rooms again. The ceiling light took a bit to actually turn on and so does the light in the bathroom. The room was clean however there was a large wet spot in the carpet between the beds - my husband found it first and I honestly don't want to know what it was, so we just avoided that area. The toilet was smaller than average and wobbled a lot whenever it was sat on. At least the tub was clean and was hot with good pressure. The beds, the same size this time, were very comfortable and made noises whenever you moved on them. The heater was either on and made the room very hot/stuffy or off, no in between. We never tried the TV so I have no idea if it even worked or not.

We received a courtesy call around 8:30-9ish from the front desk. A nice touch, but I felt it was a bit late as we were trying to get our kids to sleep at that time and didn't want a noisy phone waking them. My husband heard yelling around 2am. The hotel isn't in a terrible area, but it is Flint and knowing how run down it is I can only imagine what was going on at 2am.

So we survived the night but if we're forced out of house for another night we'll definitely going to be paying more money to find a room that's more comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MiMomOf2
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We came to this Motel 6 in September because it was dog friendly as per the chain motto. We did not expect to see such dilapidated, smelly rooms. The carpets were filthy. The non-smoking rooms had been smoked in many times, as obvious to the nose. There were cigarette ashes/butts all over the floor by the bed/nightstand. Someone in housekeeping actually made the bed and COVERED what was a broken bed frame with 4 sharp metal posts sticking out. I walked around the bed and caught my ankle on the protrusion and suffered a deep cut and eventual bruising. The bathroom had not been cleaned properly in a long time. The furniture was really worn down and peeling off at the edges. The mattresses were shot and had a big gap in the middle. The next room we moved to (non smoking) smelled even worse and it was hard to sleep at night due to the smell. Our noses ran and were stuffed up in the morning. The property outside was filthy and overrun with garbage. There were piles of dog feces all over the property. It takes only one person with a scooper/bags to do a daily check. The garbage containers were overflowing. There was absolutely NO pride of ownership at this location or pride in cleanliness and good maintenance. God forbid I ever return to this location. It was appalling. Only way I would consider this location was if it was completely gutted and overhauled and raised to a good standard and indicated in the Motel 6 manual that it had new management and totally new rooms. A total waste of money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank 35YearOldTraveler
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Knights Inn Flint, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear 35YearOldTraveler,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the odor, cleanliness and maintenance issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Grand Blanc, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Picked the motel 6 in Flint when I needed a quick room and didnt want to break the bank... Actually had a small efficiency unit with a kitchen in it... I didnt use it but that is a nice touch for someone who is planning on staying there for awhile. The room was clean, nothing fancy, older non flat screen tv but it worked... There is a pool there but I didnt use it... looked like alot of little kids in there when I was there... Located off Austin Parkway (just off Miller Rd) and near the airport, Genesee Valley Mall, several restaurants, etc..Not a bad bang for your buck.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carrollton, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed here off and on for the last year in business. For a first time visitor to Flint it's location is on the outskirts of flint and has a safe feel to it. The hotel is older but clean and the people treat you good here. Hard to beat for the value and your near all the food places. There is security on weekends. I've never had trouble here

• Stayed May 2013