“Beautiful!”

Stepping Stone Falls
Ranked #9 of 58 things to do in Flint
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I love this place! The lights during the night time are so lovely!!! It is a very nice place for families or for couples!! :]

2  Thank Chelsea D
"iron"
"paths"
"activity"

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The day I visited it was nice to see a park ranger type person in the parking lot. Parking lot is small. Falls are just a short walk from the lot. They are man made - but very beautiful. You can see the birds sitting on the ledge. There is a paved path that will take you to see another view or two of the falls. I was told if you keep going it will take you to the other side of the falls. I took it for about another 10-15 min to another parking lot and turned around. While the path/trail is tree lined/covered it was 90 degrees the day I was there and it was just too hot to see if it did go to the other side or to continue.

4  Thank sandy9693
Reviewed June 15, 2013

There's a few different ways to look at the Falls on Mott Lake, which are man made. Driving. The Genesee Belle Paddle Boat. Walking. Bicycling, the only way I go to the area and usually with other cyclists. It's a calming & wonderful spot to explore. You can walk up to the falls and you'll see a lot of fish gathered around awaiting handouts. In this nature area, there are ducks, geese, see-gulls & other birds. Lots of benches. Walking paths. There is a very sweet wooden bridge walkway, you'd never know that you were minutes from downtown Flint. Peaceful.There is a reader board under glass telling about park info. As well, there are clean restrooms. Great for families. There are so many small "cool" areas like this to explore in our State. This is a really fascinating place for photo ops.

3  Thank StepOnBusTours
Reviewed May 20, 2013

A nice spot to see. You can spend a little or a lot of time exploring or fishing in this area. We just spent about 10 minutes there because the mosquitoes were going wild.

On a cooler day it would be a good place to have a picnic.

1  Thank mcmarto
See more reviews
Reviewed April 11, 2013

First- the directions on here are wrong! There are two Branch Roads in the area, and like this site, my GPS also took me to the wrong one. Here are the correct directions: Follow I-475 off I-75 or I-69 to Carpenter Road (exit 11). Take Carpenter Road east to Branch Road. Take Branch Road north (left turn) to entrance.

That said, we had a great date day and were a bit late to family Easter dinner because we were enjoying ourselves so much. Though this park entrance is closed this time of year, you can go to the other park down the road (don't remember what it is called, but you will see it on the way) and walk over to the Falls, which is much less than a mile and means you'll get to go over a pretty wooden bridge and through some woods. We did a little geocaching while we were there (lots of muggles on the main path, but a short, lovely walk down a path to another that was empty as could be). We were shocked that such a wild place could be in the middle of the city and plan to picnic there this summer. The restrooms were closed, but there was portapotty that wasn't too bad. I can't wait to go back and find the rest of the geocaches.

5  Thank Samantha M