“"NEVER STAY AT THIS PLACE_DANGEROUS_CRIME RIDDEN_DRUG DEALING"”

Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Having been forced to stay at this place by requirement of hotel assignment by Regional Soccer Tournament, I arrived late evening to a smelly/smoky room. Friends who had checked in earlier witnessed people coming and going into a room as a different car pulled up and left in minutes many times over just a couple hours. After being told don't let your children going out of room after dark at check in, something is up with place. After a very uncomfortable night of sleep we never came back and found a cleaner better hotel closer to tournament site. 1 family decided to stay behind and stay another night only to have their children witness 10 Police chasing a person who had robbed someone in hotel. Guns were drawn and the robber was apprehended in middle of parking lot. Children witnessed this horrible scene and all went running to their rooms. Refunds were at first denied as we were forced to pre pay but because of convention bureau help were eventually had our cards refunded. This place is a scummy, drug infested crack house hotel. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Dan N
Jeff C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your response. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We did, however, honor our Hassle-Free Guarantee and refunded your entire stay for the inconvenience.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I recently was travelling from Northern MI and wanted to stay at a place convenient to the highway and inexpensive. I found the Red Roof Inn to be just what I was looking for! The staff was very pleasant and my room was clean. I read some of the other reviews and had NONE of the experiences that some of the other reviews noted. This was a great place to stay and I look forward to returning when I head back up north!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jean Louise B

Thank you for your kind response. I look forward to seeing you back here again in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

ABSOLUTELY NEVER STAY HERE - drug dealing and prostitution rife at hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank 565NOSTAY565

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry if the neighborhood didn't meet your expectations. We did, however, honor our Hassle-Free guarantee and refunded your entire stay. Guest satisfaction is very important to me, and I hope you will reconsider Red Roof Inn Flint in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were in the Red Roof Inn Flint, Bishop Airport May18 2012. The room was very nice and clean with Fridge, microwave, 32" LCD TV and king bed. The bed was also very comfortable. The problem is the poorly insulated walls between the rooms. The people in an adjacent room were yelling at each other at 2:00 AM and we could hear every word. Also the I-75 traffic tends to permeate the room. Then at 6:15 AM someone in another room took a shower and it felt like you were in there with them. All in all we didn't get much sleep. I guess that is why the room rate was quite good. One other plus is the hotel is 100% non-smoking.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the king bed is worth it.($5)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank heritagehei

Thank you for the review. I am sorry that you had a poor night of sleep. In the future, please let the front desk staff know and give us the opportunity to move your room to a more acceptable location.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn on Miller Rd. in Flint, MI they say they are non smoking but people still smoke in the rooms. Proof? Bedding smelled like smoke and once I would go outside and walk around I could smell smoke coming from other rooms. I've had instances where a TV wouldn't be working and they couldn't do anything about it. They want to move me into a different room, now why would I want to do that when I'm already moved into a room. Shouldn't they put it in out of order. I had the worst experience ever, not to mention I woke up with a bunch of red spots, went to my Dr. and they said it was from bed bugs.... Ummmm gross!!!! I will never stay here again and I WILL make sure that nobody else does either. You're going down Red Roof and will get hit by the Health Inspector!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank djohn473
BWHartland, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review for the Red Roof Inn Flint. I sincerely apologize that my inn did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately we didn't have an opportunity to discuss the situation prior to your departure. I hope we will have a chance to talk about it in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

During a recent stay at the Inn I was greeted by one of the friendliest staff members, Tara. She worked efficiently to get me into my room without any delay while being warm, genuine & humorous. After a long trip it was such a relief & joy being treated like a valued customer. Then on top of the that the Inns' Manager, Jeff Cobb, came out to check with me on my experience. He was equally warm & genuine about my feedback regarding his Inn & any suggestions I might have to improve my stay. I can assure the reader that I have become a loyal customer of Red Roof Inn based on this experience & will continue to book rooms with them throughout the country. In the hustle & bustle of the face paced world it is very refreshing to experience the old fashioned values of CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. Thank You Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: I found the room selected by the Staff to be excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ron L

Thank you for the super review! Tara and I both appreciate your kind words. Hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stay at the red roof two to three times a week as I make the transition to live in the city that I work in. I enjoy my stay here and feel safe for the most part. Its a nice place to relax after a hard days work. The staff here are amazing...thanks you guys for a great welcome to flint.

• Stayed: April 2012

We certainly try our best to provide excellent service and a clean, comfortable room. Thank you for the review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Flint
Holiday Inn Flint
#4 of 17 in Flint
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport? Share your experiences!