“Really Pet Friendly”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Really Pet Friendly”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My room at this motel was very clean and attractive. It was very up-to-date, too. I was in Flint to adopt a dog, and the people at this motel could not have been more kind and accommodating. They truly cared about me and my dog. The price of the room was great, too, and they didn't charge extra for my pet, which many motels do. I do not have one negative thing to say about this motel. It was a great experience for me. Also,being a woman alone on this trip, I appreciated being placed in an upstairs room. I would definitely recommend this motel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
BWHartland, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thank you very much for the fantastic review! It was a pleasure meeting you at the inn; we hope you and Timmy had a good trip home! Please come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Even though it was the eve of Black Friday, the place was not full, but quite and clean. The only problem that they couldn't find my reservation that I did online and over the phone! But the mistake was fixed fairly quick.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Feb58
BWHartland, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind review of Red Roof Inn Flint! I apologize for the confusion regarding your reservation upon checkin, and I am pleased to hear that the guest service representative handled the situation for you. I look forward to seeing you at Red Roof Inn again in the future.

Jeff C.
Alpena Mi
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Checked here first and saw some mixed reviews. Decidec to book anyway since we wouldnt be at the hotel much and really only needed a place to sleep a few hours. Had let them know in advace we wouldnt be getting in till after 10 pm, we were greeted with a smile and check in was fast easy and friendly. The room was pretty big but the placement of the table and chairs not great so we moved it otherwise you could only get in and out one side of the bed. The room was clean, bed comfy and we had a fridge, microwave and coffe maker.
Pros for us
location
the best in room coffee I have ever had
Large bathroom
Sink and vanity in the bedroom
Clean so we were not afraid to walk barefoot
Great WiFi

The con list longer but nothing major
Set back from the road, have to get to it through another parking lot
Clock that had the wrong time and we never were able to figure out how to change it
Only about 12 channels
Only half the remote worked all the time
Every day I had to get a new key card cause when we came back in the evening the one we had wouldnt work
There was mildew around the handle bars in teh shower

Most the cons are small things as for the key card it was a pain in the butt but the staff was so wonderfull it didnt matter. I know if I would have said anything about the clock or the mildew it would have been taken care of.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed here mainly for the location and price. We needed a place to sleep after the Jimmy Buffett concert at DTE in Clarkston about 20 miles away for we did not want to drive all the way back home late at night.

The AARP price was what we were looking for although it would have been even cheaper if I had booked even earlier. For the price this place is fine. $40 plus tax. It is right next to the highway , right off the highway. Outside is a bit shabby, but rooms were fine, linens clean, water hot, and pressure great after being out in the hottest day Michigan saw all year. 100 degrees !!!!. Air conditioner did leak in our room , I am sure they will fix it. But it made no extra noise. Beds were comfortable. Not very many channels on cable, but this is not a resort. It looks to be a very old motel, but again just fine.

Staff was very polite and accomodating as we showed up very early to find our room before going to the tailgaiting party before the concert.( Don't like to check in late at night, especially after a Buffett concert.) They had to call housekeeping to find which rooms were clean and got us right in one.

No breakfast, but hot coffee in lobby. Should you need to catch a flight or do what we do or just need a place to sleep , this place is fine. I would ask for a room in the backpart thought. Might be a bit quieter.

Room Tip: Book earlier, the rates might be cheaper.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This hotel is disgusting and scary!! I booked a room online because my husband was coming home from serving in Afghanistan w/ the Army (101st Airborne :). He was flying into Bishop airport, so I did a Google search and the closest & least expensive was this Red Roof Inn location. I got there and a bunch of gang members were outside the rooms drinking, cussing, and yelling at each other like it was spring break or something. There were gang members in matching white t-shirts walking around and when they didn't know I was looking, ( I was in my car getting my luggage) I saw them walking by room and one of them even fiddled with my door knob. After seeing a gang member mess with my doorknob (and I know gang members when I see them, cuz I'm originally from the ghetto of Flint), & smelling weed super strong all around me, and having a tranny prostitute (on the 2nd floor above my room) holler at me; I decided to ask to be switched to another room. I was terrified. The front desk girl was pretty nice about it and put me in what she thought was a safer part of the hotel. It was not safer, and on top of that, it was way dirtier than my first room! It was disgusting, and I honestly am not the cleanest person - so you know it was bad. There was crap all over the carpet, I'm pretty sure it wasn't vacuumed. The bathtub was filth, black and red stains all over the tub. And I am not joking - red stains! It seriously smelled like mold and smoke so strong, and it was a non-smoking room! The sheets were filthy & stained and there was change still sitting on the bed (probably a tip to a prostitute). When I complained a second time the front desk girl was suddenly not so friendly anymore (imagine that!). She had the security guard come and check my room to see if I was really telling the truth or exaggerating. The security guard said it was definitely nasty, and just for proof his name was Kevin. Yet the front desk girl would not give me a refund for the night. I even took pics on my cell phone to show the nastiness. Please trust, when I say don't stay here. Unless you would like to get shot by flint gangs or get bed bugs..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank pswank7

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

Fife Lake, Michigan
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Chris took our reservation over the phone and just made out trip the absolute easiest thing possible. Because of HER we will be staying again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2011

This place stunk bad of stale cigarette smoke, really really bad. Had a huge headache. On the positive side needed a shower and there was really good water pressure. It was quiet in the morning, didn't wake up from noise in other rooms. Price was right.

Room Tip: Cheap
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple