“Poor Hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed July 24, 2009

The first thing I noticed was the smell when we walked into the hotel...by the end of the stay, I got used to it, but you would still notice the smell. The second thing was the poor customer service. The guest service agent was too busy at first to help us (smoking outside). The third thing I noticed was how terrible the room smelled and looked. The outside looks new, but the inside is just downright terrible. Everything is outdated, the bathroom is too small and the overall appearance just made me want to leave. I would never stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank maniachunter86

Reviewed August 27, 2008

We stayed in this hotel the weekend of the Crim running race and it was pretty expensive for what we got - over $100 and the room was pretty beat up and the bathroom was very dingy. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. The blankets in our nonsmoking room had burn holes, the pillows were really old and lumpy, the trash was overflowing in the cans at the hotel entrance, and the guy who checked us in (it was late, 11:30 pm) was wearing a head scarf, T-shirt, and jeans. A guy in Baymont clothing was sitting on the couch watching TV with some friends. The location was good since it was close to a Cracker Barrel, but I think I'll try somewhere else for my next visit. I am not sure what else is available in Flint but I think there has to be somewhere better.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OhioChowhound
Reviewed August 15, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the hotel based on Trip Advisor ratings. It is conveniently located off of I75 and close to restaurants and other amenities.

The hotel is dated, but clean. You can't expect a lot for the low cost.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 15, 2008

My husband and I stayed there for a weekend of shopping. Great location - Meyers right across the street, Cracker Barrel right beside - great location.
Will book this hotel again when we return to Flint. Very clean, good breakfast, pleasant staff, didn't use the pool area but looked fine.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed November 2, 2007

The only thing I was disappointed with about this stay was the price. It ended up being $90/night. In Flushing, MI. But, it's probably the nicest hotel in the Flushing/Flint area, and in the safest part of town. The pool & hot tub were quite nice with good hours (I think they were open until 11pm). The rooms were perfectly fine. It was very "Holiday Inn" quality. I would have expected more for that price in that location, but I understand it's a bit of a monopoly, so I'm not too angry. The staff was friendly, and overall it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank BethB_in_DC
Reviewed August 6, 2007

My girlfriend and I stayed two nights in July at the the Baymont. The first night was OK. We were passing through on our way to nicer places in Michigan (Flint is not a nice place). The second night was a disaster. Our reservation had been made directly with the hotel well over a month in advance. When we arrived at the hotel the front desk staff told us that they didn't have the room we reserved. Their computer system was having problems (due to a possible recent lightning strike). We had reserved a non-smoking room and all they had for us was a smoking room which they sprayed with air freshener. The front desk staff was clueless and unhelpful. A manager should have been at the hotel to deal with guest problems that night since they knew they were having problems. Alas, no manager. The managers and staff at the Baymont need some serious customer service education. We won't use the Baymont again unless we're desperate. One other note ... our rooms did not smell good and the hotel needs some air quality improvement.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank spiritquest
Reviewed June 2, 2007

Absolutely the worst hotel I've ever stayed in...Pool area was dirty,
whirlpool has algae in it, exercise room water wasn't filled, towels in the room were so small that you had to use 2 of them to dry off after a shower, breakfast had no coffee, room keys didn't work in the doors and I could go on and on. I've stayed at Baymont inns before and was pleased with them, but this was absolutely the worst.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Malizia23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Flint
Holiday Inn Flint
#5 of 17 in Flint
Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Flint? Share your experiences!