“Nothing really wrong with it”

Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Toronto, Canada
“Nothing really wrong with it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

It was recommended to us by a friend who had stayed there last year and I only thought to look up the reviews after I booked. Some of the reviews on this site were so negative I got worried but when we arrived the room was find.

Our room was clean. The beds were pretty comfortable. Breakfast wasn't that fancy but it was filling. And the did vary the offering each of the three morning we were there so there was some variety.

The hotel did seem popular with families and sometimes the halls and breakfast room were a bit boisterous. The hotel is also a little hard to spot from the road. They could use an upgraded sign.

I had two minor complaints, one was that when we arrived we only had two 1/4 rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom and no replacement rolls had been left. We also needed more towels then had been provided. Both these complaints were quickly fixed by the front desk.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, near the end. Seems well maintained.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chesterton, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We booked a room for the weekend so that we could take our son on a mini vacation. When we first went to our room there was no microwave as described in our reservation. We had 3 people listed on our reservation and there was only 2 bath towels and one wash cloth in the room. the decorative bed cover had food stuck to it. The mirror in the room had scotch tape stuck to it in numerous spots and there was half a dead bug squashed on the wall. The duvet I later found had a large yellow stain. Also this hotel seems to think that Full size and Queen size sheets are interchangable which I am here to tell you they are not.

We were staying two nights so after the first night we left the sign on the bed requesting the sheets to be changed and we were out from 9am-4:30pm. When we returned to our room no one had come to clean it. Whoever was working that day had put on their sheet that we had a do not disturb sign out, which we most certainly did not. They had to get the lady from the laundry room to come straighten the room.

There were never any towels in the pool area. Even after telling the people at the desk 45 minutes later no one had brought any towels.The pool area rules were not enforced as to children being supervised. We did not eat breakfast either day (which was included in the price of our room) as there was not enough seating in the breakfast area to accommodate the people there. We were there around 8:30am, not on the later end. We will not be staying at this hotel again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Flint hotels

Harbor Springs, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We booked a room for a week to take care of family business and the location was very convenient. Based on the negative reviews, we visited the hotel first to look over the room and facilities. We were pleasantly surprised. Our stay was very nice. The hotel staff were all friendly and responsive to our needs. The room was clean and comfortable. We were never bothered by any noise and the hotel was fully booked on the weekend. We have to go back through the 1st of Sept and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dorreen C
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Not up to Baymont standards. Hotel was run down and very noisy. We arrived at 11:30 pm with 2 sleeping kids and the lobby was full with people socializing. (There is not a bar at the hotel - people were in the breakfast area just hanging out.) I asked if there was a quiet entrance to bring in the kids and the answer was no. Hallways were also noisy and we could hear people in their rooms. Definitely will not stay at this location again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Durand, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at! I am urging every one not to stay here! The staff was rude and no one enforces the hotel rules. The walls are paper thin & you can hear every thing around you. The first room they tried to put us in, the keys didn't work, so they moved us down to the first floor and the people in the room above us were jumping & stomping on the floor all night & nothing was ever done about it. When the pool reopened in the morning, there were 15 children, ages 3-12, in the pool area without any adult supervision! They were jumping into the pool & hot tub, and made it impossible to enjoy the pool area. No one ever came down to enforce the rules of the pool. The worst part is, they charged my debted card twice and cause my account to overdraft. When I called and talked to the manager & tried to get one of the charges dropped so my account wouldn't overdraft, she told me she would call my card company and drop the charge and then she never did, so my account overdrafted by $90. When I found out & tried to call her back to chew her out, I was told that there was no manager in today, but I could try back tomorrow. No customer service here! DO NOT STAY HERE! It is a waste of money. You would probably be more comfortable sleeping in your car parked off of Dort highway, and safer too. There were four of us staying in the room, and they gave us two towels for the room, and one bottle of shampoo & conditioner, good thing I brought my own. The chairs were stained with what looked like blood and the wall paper was peeling. Do not stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank J M
Oxford, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

I stayed one night January 8th to January 9 th 2012 I t was a living nightmare no respect for us as patron of there establishment I was disturbed from 7pm to 130 am from malfunicating fire alarms. and sprinkler alarm that was set off by kids. The sprinkler alarm went off 4 hrs and a large bang at 125 am like the building exploded and the general manager offered that she was up all night too and handed me 15% off I mean it was 5 hrs of hell and you want me to comeback again with no sorry or next time stay for free sorry for this bad experience poor customer service general manager very poor wont stay again

Room Tip: nice rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Ypsilanti, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

This hotel was a hell-tel!!! My husband and I went here as a extended gift from my parents for our honeymoon. It was HORRIBLE!! The fire alarm kept going off with NO FIRE.....the water was turned off and we could not take a shower.....then the bathroom over flooded!!!! All they said was sorry in tried to give us 15% off the next stay. There will be NO NEXT STAY! Please stay away from this HELL-TEL!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple