“Awesome”
Review of The Whiting

The Whiting
Ranked #6 of 68 things to do in Flint
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The Whiting is a part of Flint's past. Beautiful building and great shows. We saw Sinbad and the Blue Man Group there this past year. Seating is comfortable. The is a coat check. You should leave a tip but it is free. There is valet parking but with parking so close, I did not bother using it. Lots of parking too. Keep an eye on their website. A lot of different shows.

There are newer reviews for The Whiting

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I really enjoy attending events at the Whiting Auditorium. I have seen shows and concerts and musical plays all over the country. The Whiting is an awesome theatre with a large city feel with perfect acoustics and sound. there is not a bad seat in the house, from floor to mezzanine, to either side balconies, all seat are great. Reasonably affordable for the middle class to upper class individual.
Will definitely return for more shows.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've been here several times, but this place has become more irritating as of late.

PROS:

- They bring in great Broadway productions. It's nice to not have to always travel down to Detroit or Cleveland to see a good show.
- I LOVE the sign language interpreters. The one woman who signs has been doing it for years, and sometimes I find myself watching her because she is SO GOOD at what she does.
- The seats are comfortable, and it's easy to see the stage.

CONS:

- What is going on with your air conditioning? Are you trying to save money? The last two times I have visited, the theatre was muggy and hot. Seriously, we are only there for a few hours. You would think you could turn up the air while you have patrons there. I'll give you an extra five bucks.
- Parking is confusing. I never know where I'm supposed to park when I visit this place. Help us out.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

I really do enjoy coming here, but they have got to fix the ventilation issue, especially in the summer months. No one wants to feel like they're in someone's basement in Florida while watching a show.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

it was boring i think it needs to have more things for teens to do.the things were for old people.if you had more thigs for teens then it would be more fun

Reviewed March 22, 2013

A beautiful facility with Broadway quality shows, concerts and special events. There is plenty of free parking. Prices are reasonable for the quality offered.

Been to The Whiting? Share your experiences!