“GRUBBY”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Flint
cape town south africa
“GRUBBY”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

This hotel's web page says NEWLY REMODELED..????.I JUST DONT THINK SO unless 10 years ago can be considered to be new. Now for the GRUBBY bit... The carpets in the passageways needs to have a good clean... looks like it has not been vacuumed in weeks also in the corners and behind the chairs and sofa in the bed room... Please see pictures of THE STOVE/COOKER ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTINGLY FILTHY,
We've stayed in many residence inn's on our travels and this was by far the GRUBBIEST one we've been in.Other than that we slept ok.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank splodgee
JSchofield, Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Dear Splodgee,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Flint and posting your comments.

My name is Joanna Schofield, Manager. I appreciate your comments and of course read with disappointment that we faild to provide you with a wonderful experience. Please know that I take your comments to heart and will share them with my team. The hotel had a comlete remodel in 2008. Due to our high occupancy we have increased the frequency in which the hallway carpets are cleaned by an outside company. I truly believe if you return you will find that we have made many changes to improve our guest experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly so I can apologize in person and thank you as well for sharing these concerns. (810)424-7000.

All the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We stayed there for a extended time frame so were able to see more than the average person saw. In the beginning, the hotel seemed very nice the rooms were nice had a nice kitchen with refrigerator, cooktop or stove, microwave and dishwasher. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a fireplace. The service from the employees was very good and all of them were very nice. Although they didn't have a restaurant, they did serve breakfast almost every morning for the guests. The problem began when we noticed the dogs odors in the hall ways (they allow pets), then we began to notice trash in corners and crevaces on the elevators as if they hadn't been vacumned in a while, after that, upon pulling out the sleeper sofa for my grandchild, we noticed old trash and dust in the sofa from former guests. Other than that the stay was ok, they just need to be a little more tidy and conciencious with the cleaning.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank pickione
Dear Pickione,

Thank you for chosing the Residence Inn Flint and posting your comments.

My name is Joanna Schofield, Manager. Thank you for sharing the nice comments about the staff and the concerns with the detail items that were missed during your stay. I have shared your comments with my team. We strive for excellance for all of our guests and I am truly sorry that we fell short in your experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly so that we can I can apologize in person and thank you as well. (810)424-7000

Joanna Schofield
Atlanta
Reviewed July 13, 2010

This hotel gives a very good first impression. It looks fairly new (remodeled?), it's clean, and the rooms are a good size. But I was awakened at 3:30am by the people above me. They weren't doing anything wrong or particularly noisy, but the sound proofing is so bad in the hotel that I could actually hear someone running the water in their bathroom sink. And also flusing the toilet, walking around the room, etc. Unfortunately for me, someone must have been sick or had insomnia, because the noise didn't let up for the rest of the night. I would rather have a good night's sleep in a mediocre hotel than a bad night's sleep in a nice one. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Tom99,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Flint and sharing your experience.

My name is Joanna Schofield, Manager. Please accept my sincere apology for the noise issues you encountered during your stay. We truly want all of our guests to have a restful experience and I am so sorry this was not the case.

Please feel free to contact me directly so I can apologize personally and thank you as well. (810)424-7000.

Joanna Schofield
Tampa
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen. The rooms were adequately sized; the beds were nice; the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is good. The kitchen is nicely equipped with a stove, microwave, regular refrigerator, and dishwasher except that there are only 4 glasses, 4 cups, etc in the unit. You have to wash dishes several times a day. Furniture is a little tired. The decorator who selected the colors, furnishings, etc. is definitely not mainstream. Prices are a little high for what you get. We could hear the people in the next room talking in the their bedroom...not cool.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
yes it is, here
Reviewed November 15, 2008

With the economy going so bad, how can they justify these prices in the most devastated city in the USA? Slap the workers in the face!

• Liked — They were OK
  • Disliked — They were in Flint, Michigan
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank me197
Reviewed May 15, 2008

Really dissapointed that they went cheap on the renos!! It's a shame...this place would be a real winner if they had just spent a few extra bucks and did the job right.

Very poor workmanship - especially the finishes. Carpet baseboard has exposed nail heads - visable across the room!

Laminate kitchen floor is already buckling and they didn't bother replacing the old white appliances or the Zeinth CRT TVs... same old dishes and stained rubermaid storage containers too. A bowl had been put away encrusted with dried bits of cereal.. hello??

Check-in was flawless.. excellent service and will probaly stay again for that reason.. First stay I can recall where Marriott actually had placed extra towels and pillows in the room (as per my profile request)!!

• Liked — Excellent customer service! Really felt welcomed and business appreciated.
  • Disliked — Really wish they didn't cut so many corners on the renos..
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank deanoYYZ
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed April 12, 2008

We actually stayed twice here in a week as we were flying out of the Fint Bishop airport and had a very late arrival coming back in. The first stay was uneventful. Nicely remodeled rooms. Everything looked updated, even the carpet smelled new and fresh. Spacious enough for my family (me, my husband and two teenaged sons). We even managed to get a rollaway in with the pull-out couch although it was a tight squeeze. Breakfast was more than adequate. My son loves the Belgian waffle makers. I actually wanted oatmeal and didn't find it until after I had eaten because it was "hidden" behind the hot entrees! Didn't really use the full kitchen either time. Kind of strange that the only bathroom access is through the bedroom but it worked okay for us. I would have preferred a more centrally located bathroom with access from the living area instead of the bedroom.

On the return trip back, we arrived at 2 a.m. I requested a rollaway in the room ahead of time and it was there waiting for us. My only complaint about this stay was the smell of cigarette smoke in the room. This property is now entirely non-smoking but it's obvious the second time around we got an old smoking room. Didn't have a problem with that the first time. If it had been an earlier hour, I probably would have requested a change in rooms (although the parking lot looked rather full to me).

Front desk staff and housekeeping staff very friendly and smiling. Never had contact with the breakfast person although she looked very busy.

All-in-all, a very pleasant stay. Would definitely stay here again, especially given the $99 a night rate. So close to Flint Bishop Airport! Great restaurant nearby called Redwood Lodge. Was quite expensive, though, so be prepared!

• Liked — Newly remodeled
  • Disliked — Smoke smell in room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Flint
Holiday Inn Flint
#5 of 17 in Flint
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!