“Very Nice Hotel”

Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I tend to only stay at Marriott's and this one did not disappoint. You hear horror stories about Flint but the hotel was in a well lit, nice seemingly safe area close to the airport and right off the interstate. I only had a one night stay in a 2 bedroom + fireplace with my parents. Room was very clean, though carpet was showing signs of wear. Best perk was the full breakfast, included in prices. We thought it would be a complimentary breakfast but there were waffles, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, fruit, cereals, bagels/toast, salsa and assorted coffee and drinks. The staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your positive feedback with the entire staff. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here just this past weekend for a little get away and quick stop in-between destinations. The front staff was just amazing. Very attentive and even called up to our room once we were settled to ask if we needed anything further and to just ask if there was. She even advised the nice brewery steakhouse just around the corner from the hotel. Which was a nice treat. Breakfast staff were just as attentive and helpful, despite the huge slam she and she alone had just overcome! She was doing everything she possibly could to keep with the guest pace as she was by herself. Maybe add another breakfast staff when hotel is fully booked. Breakfast buffet consisted of biscuits and gravy, eggs and sausage all the contenintal breakfast foods, along with a waffle and oatmeal station. Excellent choices! The hotel itself was very welcoming and clean. Sadly though due to the kitchenette amenities (thought it was a plus) the halls smelled horrible with a bland of different ethnic foods. The room was great. We stayed in a studio king with a pull out sofa and kitchenette. The bathroom, shower, sink area - just great. Plenty of space for luggage etc. The reason for my 3 rating is the spa/hot tub was closed due to some ordnance, the smell of the halls we took with us whenever we walked in or out and the fact that there weren't a lot of retail, restaurant options in the vicinity. But all in all it is a nice little hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your positive feedback with the entire staff. We apologize for the food odor issues you experienced in the hallways. We are diligently working with a third part vendor Ecolab to help eliminate the different food smells. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

this hotel and the room was one of the best I've stayed at. the room was fantastic with a king size bed that was very comfy. the kitchen area had a 2 burner stove ,refrigerator, coffee maker dishwasher. complete set of dishes,glassware and untensils. just one of the nicer places I've stayed in the u.s.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and the amenities it offered. I have shared your positive feedback with the entire staff. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Flint, MI Residence Inn is very typical but the staff was great. The front desk was very pleasant and went out their way to help me. I forgot a few toiletries and was prepared to buy from their little sundries section but the clerk provided me my items free of charge. The breakfast was decent. Even, the cleaning staff was very pleasant in the hallways.
The rooms were very clean but the furniture is a beat. There was couch in my room that I didn't feel comfortable sitting on.
The clientele was a little rough and I did pass a woman with two big boxer type dogs in the hallway but I never heard a peep from them.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were visiting friends in Fenton so we decided to stay in Flint. We bid on Priceline and our bid was accepted at the Residence Inn.

The location is easy to find and close to gas staions, shopping and restaurants.

Check in was a breeze. Our room was more like a studio. It had a small kitchen and dining table. A couch area, a desk, the sink was seperate from the toilet/bath area, large closets and a seperate spot for the bed.

It was large, clean and spacious.

They had a pretty good morning breakfast (tons of things to choose from). From fruit to fruit jelly and everything in between.

I would recommend anyone (and everyone) to stay here. Especially families with small children who may want to cook a few meals in the room to save some money.

• Stayed: May 2013
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us in May. I am so glad to hear that you you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your wonderful compliments with the staff. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Similar to a recent review, I'm in a room with a very bright floodlight shining directly into our room making it bright as day even though it's night time despite the heavy blackout shades.

It's 4am right now but the floodlights make me feel like it's noon outside.

I was too tired to complain last night when we got in around 10pm but I will be asking to move rooms today.

• Stayed: August 2013
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am truly sorry about the light that was shining into your room. Please know that we are working with our maintenance engineer to find a solution for this issue. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will consider us again the next time your travels bring you to the Flint area. We value your business!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Spent the weekend of 6/22/2013 here with family. This is one of many stays I have had at this property. Overall the weekend was good and what I expect from the Marriott chains. The front desk staff was great on arrival, the room was well kept and the property was quiet. Some QC from the management staff on the housekeeping (bathroom sanitizing) is in order. Nothing bad, but it wasnt quite up to snuff for what I would expect here. Pool was great, breakfast was great and daily housekeeping was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jtavessuede

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your compliments with the staff. Please know that I will be speaking with the Executive Housekeeper regarding a solution on improving our overall bathroom quality. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.

Robyn Ingalls

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Flint
Holiday Inn Flint
#4 of 17 in Flint
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint

Been to Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!