“Christmas Train”

59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Christmas Train”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We took our 4 year old grandson and had a great evening although the weather was dreadful...slushy rain. He is a huge fan of the "Polar Express" and this was a good substitute. If you are looking for the 'real" experience find a train that is authorized to use the name. We had no hot chocolate or elves at the North Pole but a wonderful 40 minute ride through loads of colorful and animated lights. Our grandson loved the Christmas Carols on the train and the conductor was fun! the train was dry and warm. The authentic steam engine and its whistle are perfect!

Did not spend much time roaming in the village because of the weather. The train store should have a working train set up. It also would have been great if someone had told us the times of the short performance at the opera house so we could have planned accordingly. We did not visit Santa but I am sure he was delightful too.

Visited December 2013

Mount Morris, Michigan, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A fun way to spend the day outside”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I live near Crossroads so my family goes at least a few times per year. During the summers they usually have at least a few days where they offer free admission, and you just pay for the boat or train if you're interested in those. For as frequently as we go, we always try to go on the discounted days because it does get expensive! My son is 5 and doesn't really understand that people actually use to live that way, but he always enjoys going there & loves the train. The boat ride is very nice also. There are a lot of beautiful backdrops for pictures, which is fun. Lots of picnic areas, adequate restrooms. We will continue to go back as often as we can. They have Thomas the train in August & During the winter if it's too cold to walk through the village, they offer drive thrus for $5 per car where you can drive through and see all of the beautiful Christmas lights.

Visited August 2013
Warren, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I just visited Crossroads and Huckleberry Railroad for the first time yesterday (October 27, 2013) to celebrated our 8 year anniversary. I was very impressed with everything they had to offer for the kids and the child in all of us adults! The price is right for sure. $16.00 each got us (train ride / a 2 layered boat ride with heated bottom floor which was perfect for a cool day / magic show / 19 stations to trick or treat and the 20th station was 1 doughnut and a cup of cider per person). There are gift shops and a station that sells "German" popcorn and roasted nuts.

Visited October 2013
ypsilanti michigan
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Haunted villiage enjoyment!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went a few years back as something different to do and we been going back every since.
We went on the train ride and the boat ride I personally love the Boat ride better.
Love the trick or treating with my son and the Fall leaves and such. Wish they had a haunted hayride or Haunted house or more themes to the houses and some of the staff could be a bit more friendly.
But in a few incidents I had great service Batman in the theater was very friendly when helping me to get to my seat :) When I a cast on my Shoulder Thank you Batman :)
If you do plan to go please get tickets offline for the boat or train we missed out last year :( Sold out when we got there.
I forgot to add they do not have a restaurant that, I am aware of so you might have a snack there and then go or go afterwards out to eat. I wish they had more food venues!
Carnviial rides our a blast but expensive if you have many kids :)

Visited October 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“PERFECT WEDDING VENUE!!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had my wedding there and oh my gosh was it AMAZING! The entire venue is perfect for pictures and all around fun! Their prices are better than any other venue around and the staff is amazing! We were able to rent the carousel for rides and pictures which gave it a very unique touch. I almost wish I could get married again just to use that wonderful venue! The in house catering staff from Sullivan's is just as great and their food was to die for! Thank you so much for letting us have our event there!

Visited September 2013