“The best middle eastern food in the area”
Review of Kabob City - CLOSED

Kabob City
Description: Kabob City is a Middle Eastern Restaurant in Flint, Michigan located in the Loncor Plaza just South of Corunna Rd.
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here for a quick lunch. I was going to get a sandwich, but when i saw that their lunch specials were only $7.95, i opted for that instead. I ordered the chicken shawarma plate with a small side of hummous. The waitress was attentive, and she smiled (big plus for me). She immediately brought out warm pita bread with small dishes of baba ghanoush and garlic sauce. I had to try very hard to NOT get full on them. The entree came with choice of salad. I chose the fattoush. It had romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers , deep fried pita bits and a homemade dressing. It was fresh and good. Shortly after eating my salad, she brought my entree. Omg it was towering. It was heaped full of fluffy rice, with toasted almonds on top. Delicious. Also heaped on the plate was ever so tender chunks of marinated chicken shawarma. Did i mention it was tender. Probably the most tender chicken shawarma i've ever had. All in all, the food was extremely plentiful, fresh and delicious. Yeah, and i got leftovers. I can't wait to return!

I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This place is a great find. I had the chicken shwarma sandwich combo with fattoush and the special sauce for the outs bread was top notch! Service is friendly and fast. Will be back soon!

2  Thank LANEL H
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place! The salad bar alone would be worth a trip! It had an outstanding selection of salads and dips. My parents had the chicken and beef kabobs, and I had the vegetarian grape leaves. All were excellent. Our waitress was incredibly friendly and very helpful. Overall, this was a terrific dining experience!

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The food here is wonderful! Had the chicken kabob. The Kabobs Express in the mall nearby is great too. More reasonably priced than similar places.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The first time we went it was because we had a Living Social coupon for the dinner. It was for $30, with that we got a kabob platter, falafel, and bakalava. We had so much food, and it was so good. There was pita with garlic, and with the platter we got hummus too, plus we both got salads.
The platter came with several different kinds of meat, the steak was amazing, the shredded lamb was a little salty. There were also a few sauces that came with the meal, one was spicy and tasted like cilantro.
The service was pretty great, however the dining room was pretty empty.
We have been back several times after this first visit, and we have brought a few couples also, it is always great. And we always leave with several boxes from which we get several leftover meals afterwards.
You will be happy you gave this place a chance, the food is great, as is the service, and the leftovers are also wonderful.