“Oh Blackstone's, someday you'll find your identity” 2 of 5 bubbles

Blackstone's Pub & Grill
Ranked #27 of 344 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Flint, MI
“Oh Blackstone's, someday you'll find your identity”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

If you don't like Blackstone's today, wait a few weeks, they'll completely change their menu and you may find something you like. I've had brunch, lunch, dinner, and drinks here at least 50 times in the 3 years they've been open and I've had maybe 5 good meals. It seems they have a new chef and menu once every six months and the menu can range from 3 to 12 pages. I think the appeal is that it's a place that's sort of trendy, good location and the inside looks nice but their food is inconsistent, my mother once ordered buttermilk chicken and it was ice cold on the inside. I used to like their "boneless chicken wings" and although, they were breaded and fried chicken tenders, they were obviously made in-house. Well, up until 2 months ago and they're now the tyson chicken fingers you buy at the store. Their waitstaff is pretty bad, the bartenders are good, although, I'm not sure how strong the mixed drinks are. When it's busy, it's very hard to hear the person next to you and I've seen chairs break on 2 different people, so watch out. I wouldn't recommend eating here but sometimes it's nice to meet someone for a drink.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Hopkinsville, Kentucky
“Fun place to eat with friends!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Was my second visit. Was 7:30 on a Friday night but wasnt very crowded. It was full but not 30min wait crowded. Spinach dip is an enormous serving with only a few pita pieces. (more to bring home!) Coconut shrimp were ok. Garlic bread is very rich...flavorful but rich and filling. Loved thier mac and cheese but again a big serving. My husband enjoyed his fish and chips. Thier cocktail 'Paddy's Punch' is marvelous. Thier 'Beach Bikini' should be rethought out, or we just got a badly mixed one, it was aweful.

Dress casual or after work...doesnt matter.

Take your friends! Watch some games like the Tigers or Lions or both!

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

It has a nice atmosphere and very good food and service. I will be trying it for dinner soon. Cannot believe how good downtown Flint looks and now there are several good restaurants to choose from.

Visited June 2012
Michigan
“We LOVED it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My Mom & I stopped here for lunch one afternoon and loved it! I am not sure why some of the reviews were quite negative because our experience could hardly have been better. From the time we walked in the door we were greeted warmly and treated like royalty. We sat just inside the door overlooking the street and it was very pleasant. It's awesome to find such a great place downtown Flint, I used to be leary of the downtown area but what a breath of fresh air this place is! I would strongly encourage anyone to give them a try for lunch or just a quick cocktail. It is fabulous! Check out the photo of the Bloody Mary my mom had, it was like lunch in a glass she said it was one of the best she ever had. I only drink beer and consider myself quite the expert, the glass was chilled to perfection, cold beer, great friendly service. I cannot imagine anyone not enjoying this place for a relaxing classy lunch or dinner. If you haven't been to Blackstone's you are missing out on something very special. We will definately be going back again and again. PS: It's gorgeous inside check it out for yourself!

• Visited July 2012
MI
“Was great when it opened but poor now.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I am not sure what has changed to make this place go down the drain. Menu changed for the worse. Staff are average. The food that I got the last two times was poor to average. The beer is cold thank God!

• 2 of 5 bubbles