Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Very clean and enjoyable hotel. A welcome note from Mary in housekeeping greeted me as I entered my room which gives a it a more personal quality. I was worried about the neighborhood but was pleased at the peace and quiet I encountered. I will definitely stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
FNTGB, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2014

Dear Robin R,

Wow what great comments, we are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments.

I really appreciate the fact that you were happy with the cleanliness and quality of your room. I am also happy to hear the personalized touch was to your liking.

We hope you come back for more peace and quiet in our clean rooms in the near future. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future do not hesitate to contact me at the property.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed at this location one night while moving south and had an excellent stay. Property was well maintained, our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good, but wasn't being replenished. Definitely a great place to stay in Flint, MI.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JJ R

Dear JJ R,

We are pleased to hear you are happy with the upkeep and maintenance of the property!

We are also happy to have you as our guests in the near future. If you ever come back to visit please come see us again. Thank you for your business.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Good hotel; excellent breakfast; good sized room; friendly staff, this is the best hotel I have stayed at in the Flint area. Free internet is a bonus. Only disadvantage is the need to take a taxi ride into the city.

Room Tip: No restaurant but a good supermarket within easy walking distance
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Barryjameslewis,

We are pleased to hear you are happy with your last visit! Thank you for your honest, detailed comments.

You are correct that Meijer’s department store is a short trip away and has a great selection of everything. We hope to be your hotel of choice next time you come back to Flint and Genesee County. Please come see us again on your next visit!

Of course, if I can be of any assistance to you in the future do not hesitate to contact me for any reason.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stay here every year when I visit Flint. Clean room and large. Comfortable bed and quilt. Breakfast is normal hotel fare but appreciated. Check in was quick and easy. Love the robust coffee in the morning.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear pinguy,

We are very lucky to have return guests like you! Thanks for coming back to us again! Five times is quite a bit, but we are happy to welcome you back and hope to see you again in the near future. Loyalty is what Hampton is all about and we sincerely appreciate your continued patronage.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay here. The lobby, staff, breakfast, room decor, and bed were all top notch. The only negative for us was the AC vented towards the bed so every time it ran we were blasted with cold air. This may be OK for some. We mentioned it to the front desk at check out and he said that is the way the king size bedrooms are set up. He was very nice. We would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ekehl,

Thank you for your honest comments and for visiting us during your last trip to Flint and Genesee County. I am glad you were very pleased with your last visit and that means a lot to us.

I appreciate your honest comments about the HVAC ventilation, and am not exactly sure what we can do to change it. But, I will keep an eye on the issue and hope you come see us again.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the future do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Based on previous reviews we decided to stay at the Hampton Inn while in Flint. The front desk staff on check in were super friendly and welcoming. Rooms and bathrooms are a good size, bathroom was a little dated and could use a new shower stall and shower head is so high unless you're 7ft tall you couldn't change it. But apart from that the room was good.

Abbie on the front desk was amazing - bought up a small fridge and extra pillows less than 5 mins after we requested them. Nothing was a problem for the staff.

The hotel is located just off the highway and there's a supermarket right across the road with all kinds of prepared foods. We would definitively stay here again if we had he occasion to visit Flint again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear FionnaW905,

We really appreciate your kind comments about our staff, including Abbie and her great customer service! It sounds like we lived up to your expectations overall. We will be sure to keep the tradition of being warm and welcoming in our DNA here at Hampton now and into the future.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Updates to the rooms and hotel all around are outstanding! I can see why it's #1 in Flint. Staff could use a little bit of help with smiles and friendliness - just work on your greeting. Unfortunately shower was broke and maint guy came quickly and he was great and had it fixed ASAP. Breakfast was way too busy, you need more than 2 people working breakfast! They work their tails off and cannot keep up with demand. When the hotel is nearly sold out you need more help, additional waffle makers, food in an overflow room. Need to change up food a bit, very tired of scrambled eggs/omlet and polish sausage Hampton inn!

Stayed: July 2014
FNTGB, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear PeggyJackson89,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your last visit!

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about our staff and please accept my apologies if they were not more exuberant. However, we will be sure to pass along these comments for coaching and future success. In addition, we will be sure to monitor the staffing of our breakfast area during peak times.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me for any reason. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Kind regards,

Jeff Verdun – General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Flint
Holiday Inn Flint
#6 of 17 in Flint
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!