“Great Experiance”

Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Nice hotel with very nice staff. Clean, comfortable rooms, staff couldn't be any more pleasent. The lobby and breakfast area was large and comfortable. I had some large boxes to throw away and they took care of it with no problem. And I like knowing they only allow service pets.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
FNTGB, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear jslupka,

Thank you for the comments about your clean and comfortable room! Of course we always have and will allow service animals and train our staff about this subject. Next time you come back to the area, please feel free to stop in and say hi!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

perfect location, great price, beautiful rooms, airport shuttle was an added bonus....restaurants close by and directions and ideas for dining a great service. will definitely stay here again. If in the Flint area, do not hesitate or look any further, this is a perfect stop!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear gypsytravelbug,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your last stay and thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc. Please come visit us next time you are flying out of Bishop.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed here recently and it was great!! The room was lovely and CLEAN!!! It was QUIET!!! Everyone there was WONDERFUL!!! They helped with maps and directions to where we were headed since we had never been to the area before!! Fisrt Rate!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Katherine K,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are always trying to move one direction, and that is upward. We will continue to use comments like yours to teach and train our staff, to help us be the first choice of travelers worldwide.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times in the past. At one point I was here for 27 days straight due to a house fire. The staff is wonderful and extremely accommodating. They always made sure we felt as if we were at home. Plenty of snacks to choose from in the Suite Shop as well as a HUGE breakfast with the most friendly staff!
Also, the pool was amazing!

Room Tip: Definetely go for a Studio Suite! Larger room with fridge and microwave!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Joshua W,

We feel terrible about the reason why you had to stay here, but are glad you made it through. We were happy to be here for you during your extended stay and I thank you for your kind comments. When guests like you and your family stay here long enough to get to know them, it is always a great experience. It was truly a pleasure.

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Excellent Property, we parked our vehicle and used the airport shuttle to and from airport. Property is in top notch shape. Staff very helpful, Shuttle prompt. Close to airport. McDonalds Coffee right next door! Will be staying again when we fly out of Bishop next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Darrell D,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am very pleased that we lived up to your high expectations and that the shuttle service met your needs during your stay.

Thank you very much for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

On my drives from Toronto to Chicago to visit my children and grandchildren, I do not usually have occasion to stop in Flint. But, I got a late start and with daylight savings just starting, the dark closed in fast.
I was pleased to see that there is now a Hampton Inn in Flint, but my expectations were not terribly high. I assumed the property would feature the standard Hampton bedding package and breakfast (which is enough for me) but that the furnishings would be down at the heels and drab, the way I picture Flint.
Imagine my surprise when I entered the lobby.
The motel is almost brand new and beautifully upgraded.
There was some sort of problem the night I checked in--I have no clue what it actually was--I encountered no problems whatsoever--but the person manning the front desk was Jeff, the manager, rather than a staff member and he was a study in front desk perfection.
I do not know if Jeff sleeps--he was there all night and then, early in the morning the next day.
He was extremely eager to please--there was not a request one could make that would fluster him in the least bit. When I asked for a rundown on the ingredients and calories of a particular breakfast item, he disappeared and reappeared with a complete printout.
The lobby is impressive, the rooms are immaculate, the bedding package and breakfast--yep, the Hampton Gold Standard and as wonderful as always.
Breakfast features make your own waffles, juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate, cereals, yogurt, muffins, bagels, danishes and muffins, fresh fruit and some hot items.
The breakfast room is extremely comfortable.
There is a microwave and snack shoppe display where one can purchase items near the front desk.
The workout room is top notch.
There are both a pool and whirlpool.
A nice business center with comfortable chairs and a printer. Wifi in the rooms.
Who woulda thunk there would be such a treasure in dowdy Flint?
Even the city itself looked better the day I was there and the shopping has improved.

Room Tip: Get a whirlpool--it is such a pleasure to sink into a whirlpool after a day of driving.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Trip ShifraToronto,

Thank you for the stunning endorsement!

I must admit it will be hard to live up to the “Treasure” moniker in the title you have chosen for your review, but I promise to live up to the challenge.

I always tell my staff here that we are in the business of bringing people in, and resolving problems. I’m glad I was able to live up to that motto. It was also my pleasure to meet you personally and to provide you with the calorie content of our breakfast items.

Feel free to contact me directly for reservations next time you visit Flint, and thanks again for your business!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Very friendly accommodating staff. Beautiful facility, nice room and the recommendation for dinner was superb. It was convenient to call from the road to book the room and the clerk recognized that we were Hilton Honors and held the room without needing credit card info. close to airport, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your comments about your experience and for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc. We appreciate your business!

Jeff Verdun - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!