“Impressive. Except for...”

Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed September 26, 2013

On the whole, the hotel exceeded my expectations. The staff was friendly and helpful, the decor was modern and tasteful, the amenities (gym, pool, complimentary breakfast, etc.) were better than expected. The only complaint I had...was the bed. It was like sleeping on a lightly padded board. Had I been staying across the street at the "value" inn...I probably wouldn't even mention it. But Hampton got virtually every other element of this hotel spot on...except the bed. And that's a HUGE element to get wrong. I'll stay there again...it's one of only two hotels in the area worth considering.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura A, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the comfort-ability of your bed.

It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to ensure our guest comfort.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We found the room to be quite large - there were 3 of us - so that was a great thing. Having two sinks in the room was also great; one outside the bathroom one in a little "kitchenette" with microwave, fridge, coffee was very convenient for us. The staff were friendly and extremely polite. Also, the room faced the back parking lot which minimized traffic noise!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about us! As a brand new property all of our rooms have plenty of square footage in order to accommodate large families. Just so you know, we have parking that surrounds our entire property for our guests convenience. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in town!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the weekend and had a very good experience. Staff was nice, check-in and check-out took less than 2 minutes each. Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Breakfast was all right, but not great, as scrambled eggs and French toast sticks were cold, not too much to choose from, so there is room for improvement in this aspect. Overall it was a nice stay and we will recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Our room was on top floor, facing highway and still very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast was not up to your standards. Here at The Hampton Inn & Suites of Flint/Grand Blanc we are constantly striving towards doing a better job at serving our guests. We are currently working on rotating our breakfast options in order to provide additional options. Thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. I didn’t expect the hotel to be so nice, clean, and the staff to be so awesome! My last hotel experience was at a 4/5 Star hotel and I must say, I enjoyed the stay and your hotel 1000 times better! Awesome overall job with 1 exception; my cleaning lady one the 2 day did NOT change the sheets, she flipped the sheets over like I wouldn’t or couldn’t tell the difference! Other than that, my stay was AWESOME!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am glad to hear you had such a pleasant experience here! Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We stay at the Hampton Inn of Flint every time we come to this area. It's our only choice! You won't find a cleaner hotel and the staff is very accommodating. The breakfast offered is very tasty and satisfying. The pool area is very clean and the rooms are immaculately kept.

We did run into a situation with miscommunication during this particular stay, but it was addressed and handled by the GM in a very timely fashion. Mr, Verdun went above and beyond to make sure the issue was resolved.

It's this attention to detail that keeps us coming back. You will not be disappointed here!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words and loyalty to The Hampton Inn & Suites of Flint/Grand Blanc. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

- Laura (SC)

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a typical Hampton Inn, rooms are comfortable, nice breakfast and overall a standard hotel. The staff was not the friendliest, but you get that sometimes, hopefully you only have to deal with them at check-in. I would stay here again, being it is a safe hotel and that is saying something in the Flint area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Joel B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. I understand that there were some issues that underwhelmed you particularly the lack of customer service here in Flint.

It is through feedback such as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are makinf an effort to make sure your experience is the exception and not the norm.

Kind regards - Joel Backmeier - "AGM"

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here one short night after the Michigan/Notre Dame football game. It was the closest hotel available on short notice north of Ann Arbor. We arrived at 2:15 am after the game and no one was at the front desk for about 10 minutes. The front desk person was going around to all the rooms and sliding the bills under the door. Ours was there before we checked in :) After check in though, everything was great. Rooms are very nice and contemporary. Beds are great and we slept great. Just wish we could have stayed longer. We missed breakfast-it ends at 10, but we were too warn out from the game to get up in time. There are bowls with bananas and apples available. Good coffee too and assorted teas.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Joel B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to respond, it is through feedback like yours that truly allows us to make a difference. We hope the next time you are int he area you will come stay with us again!

kind regards

Joel Backmeier - AGM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!