“Above and beyond the best Hampton!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“Above and beyond the best Hampton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My family and I had an amazing time at this Hampton Inn. I honestly expected the usual budget Hilton look / feel / service..... but what you get is so much more. The hotel and room ( we got a king bedroom suite with a pull-up couch) is what you would find at an upscale Hilton hotel. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My family and I were blown away by the hotel room. It was huge and looked like a upscale hotel room suite. The king bed was clean and comfortable. The wireless internet worked great and did allow multiple devices ( 2 iphones and 2 ipads ) online at the same time. My glasses frame came apart and I went to the front desk to see if they had a jewelers screwdriver. The asst manager went above and beyond to find something to fix them up. I owe a huge thanks to this gentleman. My kids and I loved the pool and hot tub. Breakfast was above average as well. They had a good selection of hot / cold breakfast items (much more then the usual Hilton).

Overall, we had one of the best hotel stays ever. Great hotel and amazing staff. Would certainly stay there again and recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Al W
Joel B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I was actually the gentleman who fixed your glasses!! I'm thrilled that I was able to help and even happier that you and your family had such a wonderful trip. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally upon your next stay (or if something needs to be fixed).

Kind Regards

Joel Backmeier - Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We enjoy staying at The Hampton Inn of Flint. We've been staying here for a few years now, and still, this hotel's attention to detail far out ranks it's competitors. The staff is so accommodating and everyone greets you with a smile and a hello. The complimentary breakfast isn't your typical hotel breakfast either- omelets, sausage, variety of juice drinks, etc.
My husband's military weekend ran longer than planned and the staff allowed for a late checkout - this was so helpful to me.
We love to stay here. The pool is clean and there is an outside patio to catch some sun.
Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank MjW105
Joel B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We love when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. Its loyal guests such as you and your husband that help to make us what we are. Be sure to take advantage of our government/military rate during your next stay and feel free to contact me personally with any questions or concerns you may have.

Kind regards - Joel Backmeier "AGM"
Flint, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

From the complimentary airport shuttle to the little hand-written "welcome" note on the bedside notepad, this hotel was friendly, helpful and welcoming. Spotlessly clean, free internet throughout the hotel, a lap desk for writing/computing and a good sized room. The manager's home phone number was in the room in case of problems - a real commitment to guest retention from a hotel supposedly lower down the ladder from some prestigious but less enjoyable brands.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for all of the wonderful compliments. We find that paying attention to the details is one of the best ways to make all of our guests feel special. We hope that you come stay again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me personally to make your reservation.

Kind Regards - Joel Backmeier "AGM"
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Overall, this was a very clean and nice hotel. The room was clean, smelled fresh and the staff was nice. Very comfortable and roomy set-up. Also, located right near shopping and restaurants. I would recommend staying here if you're working or visiting the Flint area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Joel B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind response. It seems you gave us high marks on comfort which we are very proud of. We strive to make our hotel feel like "coming home". We think cleanliness and comfort are usually pinnacle for guests and with that in mind we do our best to deliver. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally upon your next stay.

Kind regards - Joel Backmeier "Assistant General Manager"
Barrie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Had 2 suites and they were perfect, had adjoining rooms and didn't hear a word from adjoining room. Great quality in all areas of hotel, still has the nice new smell. Location is excellent, close to highway, great bar 2 blocks away and food choices are plentiful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for taking the time to respond, its truly a huge compliment when guest like you take time to give us feedback. We hope that you come stay again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you need anything during your next stay.

Kind regards - Joel Backmeier "Assistant General Manager"
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hamptons around the country are aging and I don't always find them clean or well-maintained. This is one of the better ones. The lobby and breakfast area was large with nice comfortable furniture. Lots of free newspapers, coffee/tea all day, and a few shelves of convenience foods and supplies. The breakfast food itself was ok - not too many healthy choices. I stuck with yogurt, cereal, and fruit. The eggs, sausage, gravy, pastries, etc. are the processed kind best avoided.

Check-in was friendly and easy. The elevators were slow going up to the 4th floor. The room had two queen beds - I used one to lay on top and work on my laptop (the lap cushion/desk comes in handy for that) and the other to sleep. Pillows were the collapsible type that look big and fluffy but as soon as you put your head on one it deflates. You'll probably need two for head and neck support. The TV had decent channels and I'm always happy when hotels provide channel guides so you don't have to guess.

The bathroom was clean - actually spotless. I even felt comfortable taking a bath instead of shower one night. I rarely do this in hotels because of dirt, chips, stains, etc. in tubs. Towels could have been more absorbent. There was an interesting mix of 5 washcloths, 4 hand towels, and 2 bath towels. There was a towel rack by the sink along with wooden cubbies with rolled-up towels. The closet was good-sized and there were nice wooden hangers. The iron and board worked fine.

I liked the fitness room which had several treadmills, ellipticals, and free weights. It was clean and the machines had the little built-in TVs.

For eats you can walk to an Arby's or McDonald's. I kept walking a little farther (careful - no sidewalk) to a Subway in a strip. There's also a Tim Horton's. If you're brave enough to cross the road, there's a Meijer grocery store, Taco Bell, and gas stations.

I'm not sure of average hotel rates in this area but I thought it was pricey. But you do get a good location near the airport, free breakfast, and a clean comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joel B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thanks for the review, we love when our guests take the time to give us their thoughts! We encourage all comments and reviews, even the critical ones. Your response was well rounded with a lot of valuable information. We will take all of your comments into account and try to do even better upon your next vist and for all of our guests. I'm pleased that you noticed the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms as we take great pride in our cleanliness.

Kind regards - Joel Backmeier - Assistant General Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

nicest place we have ever stayed, clean comfortable beds linens clean all new pretty would stay again. Breakfast outstanding not your norm. Staff very kind. Coffee station free was a huge plus. Awesome. 5. Nearby this is a lot to see and do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a lovely review. Two of the trademarks of the Hampton Inn are breakfast and the highest standards of cleanliness and it seems you were impressed by both! Please come stay with us again very soon, feel free to ask for me personally, I would love to say hi.

Kind regards- Joel Backmeier - Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Flint
Holiday Inn Flint
#5 of 17 in Flint
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!