“very good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2012

love it, great margaritas chips and salsa wonderful, the manager Lalo and Nellie along with makaila make for a nice night out or lunch for that matter.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This place is great you can understant what they say and the food is wonderful i love it and i will go there as often as posible .

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I took 4 people with me which made 5 guests total so they gave us two half fill baskets of chips with half full salsa and I decided to order a bowl of cheese dip however when I recieved the cheese it didn't come with chips and that they were extra! The cheese dip was around 4 dollars and doesn't come with chips? That are also very stingy on soft drink refills and the soft drink is almost $3... They just don't come back for quite sometime and act as if they forgot... This place is pricey and charge extra for everything and I mean everything... Good food but I work way to hard for my money to have these stingy folks rip me off!

1  Thank barrysaver
Reviewed November 28, 2011

El Cozumel has a bright, cheery authentic atmosphere. It has a diverse menu, prices are reasonable, great chips and salsa (endless and free with meal), and super good food. The chicken chimichangas are a fav. and the Loco Burrito too. We frequent this restaurant often, and staff treats us like family. You won't be disappointed. If you are, then go to the whimpy Americanized Mexican place.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I had a coupon for $2.00 off on a margarita, so I thought I'd give this place a second chance. I'd been there last spring, and had left very disappointed due to poor service which had kept me waiting for over half an hour for my meal and another half an hour just to get my bill.

A friend had told me to try it again because she liked it, so today I thought I'd go there and use my coupon. The place was clean, and attractive. The booths and chairs were bright and cheerful in appearance. I ordered the "ultimate margarita," and it was delicious. I wish I'd just stopped with the margarita, though. Instead, I also ordered beef fajita nachos. They were described as including peppers, tomatoes, onions, lots of cheese, and Angus beef. Well, the peppers were green peppers, not the jalapeno peppers I'd anticipated, but that was o.k. My fault. I shouldn't have assumed anything, but for nachos, I really expected hot peppers of some sort. The chips were fresh and crispy. The beef, however, was leathery, grisly, and inedible. I ate a few of the other ingredients, but it was overall very disappointing. There was very little cheese on it. I asked my waiter for some sour cream and guacamole, and they were available, but for an upcharge. I dumped them both on the nachos, hoping to add some flavor, but it didn't help. The meat was not seasoned, and it had no flavor at all. The cheese was pretty much nonexistent. I sure couldn't see it. There was no pleasure in eating this mess of a nacho platter. I nibbled at a few of the chips, and then just gave up.

I ended up just drinking my margarita and asking to have my check. The waiter saw how full my plate was, and asked if I wanted a box. When I told him I didn't like the meat, and couldn't eat the meal, he just took it away. He brought me my bill, charging me full price, even though I'd hardly eaten. He didn't offer to take the meal off my bill. I had to ask for the price to be reduced, and the manager took only $3.50 off. Since the nachos were $9.99, this was not much, but I was tired, and wanted to go, so I went to check out. When I tried to give the manager my coupon for the margarita, he said he had already taken money off my bill. He was hostile and acted like he didn't want my coupon. I was stunned. I told him the nachos were horrible, and that he needed to honor my coupon, which he ended up doing, but grudgingly. I won't be going back. I think it is really bad business to offer coupons and then act as if a customer is out of line for using the coupon, especially since he knew I had already had a bad experience with the meal. No one apologized, either, for the lousy food. I ended up driving through a fast food restaurant on the way home, even though I'd already spent nearly $20 for this unpleasant meal. The only good thing about my experience was the margarita.

4  Thank Skye9988