“Decent but not great”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Flat Rock
Sherwood, Arkansas, United States
“Decent but not great”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. The room was small but still had some good amenities, such as accessible outlets for electronics. It was well lit. It was clean but it had some lingering smoke odor. The price is very reasonable. The breakfast was quite good too. It's located very near the Downriver Detroit area with close access to shopping and close to major freeways without freeway noise. Good value for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Never let's us down. Every time my wife and I travel home this is our go to spot. Located just south of the city. Friendly staff, clean rooms, pool is maintained properly, and breakfast in the morning is adequate . Our dog is welcome. Can't go wrong staying here.

Stayed July 2014
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last year. So, I booked it again expecting the same service and quality. This is a very good hotel, service was good, rooms are clean and a great rate. The only problem we had was they were paving the parking lot. After a 9 hour drive arriving at 10 PM, we were heard construction equipment outside our room at 6 AM. I know these things need to be performed, just wished I would have been warned. I still highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank larryw4405
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for work. I was here for the Super Bowl 8 years ago and liked it then and decided to stay again for a work trip. I must say, it was good. The room was clean. The tv worked. The AC worked well. Everything was good. And the girl at the desk was cute as a bonus. The price was right also. With taxes and fees, under $65 with the state employee rate. Pays to do state work. Onoy bad thing I can think of, the first room they put me in stunk of smoke, but with no hassle, they immediately moved me to another that was fine.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The staff was a saving grace I was kicked out of house by my family in December and I went to this hotel and the staff was wonderfully supported the blond hostess working the 11 oclock shift saved me so much that night. I will keep this hotel in mind when traveling around here agian. The rooms were good and clean and breakfast was good as well

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank guardbrat12
Flat Rock
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Check in was fast and easy. Staff was super friendly and helpful.
Extremely convenient being right off of I 75. Room was clean and the beds were comfortable.
Price was good. Pool was clean and warm. Breakfast was good a bit small in selections though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy K
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

After reading other reviews here about this property I was worried but here is my opinion check in was great the clerk was great the hotel is right across from the ford plant and rt off 75. We had 3rooms total with relatives on 1side so I can't comment on the thinness of the walls others have noticed I will say the beds are very soft or old I can't tell which, the pool and hot rub were the proper temps.I noticed no one hanging around out or inside that looked like they should not be there overall not bad for a night or 2 the ac was new and the t v was a new flat screen the property could use a top to bottom redo but it is not that bad a place

• Stayed October 2013
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!