Baymont Inn & Suites Flat Rock
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rock Motel(Flat Rock)
Tiki Motel(Taylor)
View Hotel
All reviewseggs and sausagevisiting familywould stay here againindoor poolbreakfast barclean roomsbagelskristenmicrowavehousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2009

i travel alot with the company i work for and ill have to say this choice hotel was one of the best ones ive stayed at. i have stayed at best western the next exit north they charged me more and not as clean. this hotel is fabulous and will be staying there everytime i come to the area

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank stanggirlie16
Reviewed October 8, 2009

After reading the reviews - I was a little worried about staying here, especially the mattress comments. My mattress was just fine - in fact very comfortable. The staff was really really nice and friendly and my room was nice and clean. I will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed June 15, 2008

We had booked 2 nights at this hotel. Not the hotel's fault, but I-75 was closed and it made it difficult to even get to this place. When we finally found it - the gal at checkin confessed she knew nothing about directions or the area, which was no help.

We got into our room which had an odor. Can't even describe it, but it was not good. I had to spray some scented spray I had with me to try and mask it - but it just smelled like raspberry funk at that point. The window was broken and had tape over the cracks. The door to the bathroom was filthy - someone smudged something that looked completed disgusting across the front of the door.

The TV was fine, the shower was great. Cleanliness overall in the room I can't say was great - but it wasn't horrible either. The beds were pretty soft.

We ended up checking out after one night and decided on taking our chances in finding another place for the 2nd night in that area. We made the right choice. The room was certainly not worth the $100 they were going to charge us on the 2nd night.

Lots can be done to improve this place, but its the only hotel in the area from what we could see when we drove around looking for something to eat. Won't stay here again. Or even any Sleep Inns for that matter.

• Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank Debbie978
Reviewed March 15, 2008

I stay regularly with the Choice family of hotels; some are good, some not so good. This one is above average for a Sleep Inn....it approaches the quality one usually gets at a Comfort Suites.

Room was spacious, clean, and well equipped. Internet speed was average to low average.

Check in staff was friendly, courteous, and fast.

You can really tell if the hotel management spends that extra few cents on breakfast, and this one does. The number of selections was above average, fresh donuts, fruit, cereal, waffles, a wider than average selection of juices.

I was quite pleasantly surprised by the overall quality and condition of this property....it is directly off a freeway exit, across from a large auto plant....not in 'prime' real estate.

Pricing is reasonable.

I travel on business all over North America very regularly, and I know in seconds what is a good hotel and a bad one. I would most definitely stay with this property again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank antennaman
Reviewed November 21, 2007

Overall hotel appearance was nice. Very close to I-75 with easy access to Detroit and Metro Airport.

Our 1 queen bed room was very small (approx 10x10). With 2 adults and 2 small children (who slept in 2 seperate playpens) there was hardly room to walk. Our room overlooked the pool. The room smelled heavily of chlorine which made our eyes burn and we all woke up with sore throats the next morning. I found dried macaroni and cheese in one corner near the bed.

Our toliet got plugged so my husband called the front desk to notify them. They literally handed him a plunger and my husband plunged the toliet himself.

The pool was ice cold. When we complained the desk clerk told us the thermostat was broken on the pool heater. This information should have been shared at check in so that we could have decided if we still wanted to stay there. The kids were very disappointed that they couldn't swim.

I could have had a better breakfast at a gas station. The only fruit offered was oranges and they were brown with rot. The bagels and donuts were stale.

I lost my cellphone while we were there. The staff was very helpful trying to find it.

The hotel information sheet we received at check in stated the pool/fitness center opened at 6am Saturday and Sunday. I went downstairs to use the fitness center at 6:30am and the clerk notified me that it didn't normally open until 9am, but he said if I promised not to be rowdy he would unlock for me early. The hotel should make sure their information is correct.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Smidgen21