“Cozy with good food.”

Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Flat Rock
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cozy with good food.”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Have eaten there many times and never had a bad meal. Their homemade pot pies are outstanding. Each meal comes with a slice
of watermelon which hits the spot after your meal is finished. To me
it is a cozy and nice place to eat, which is just less than a 1/4 mile going south from Big Bear Lodge. Both are family owned.

• Visited December 2013

Michigan
“Bickering staff, high prices, poor slow service on 2/25/14”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

It was cold inside! Really hate to hear staff telling across the restaurant to ea other. 1 server (while in dining room!) kept complaining about another & time she requested off. Pat, our "lovely" server said "Wah, wah, wah... Wah, wah, wah. Everybody's got something." Don't they know we can hear them?! Arrived a few minutes after 9:00pm & were the only diners. Finally got my meal @ 9:44! Never saw Pat again until she brought our check. At 9:50, other server announces she's "locking the doors because it's 10 to" (closing). Spouse ordered appetizer & ($6.29!) bowl of soup as his entree yet she charged him full price for the salad instead of the "w/ an entree" price ($1.50 less). When I went up to pay the bill, both waitresses were MIA. The busboy saw me waiting & finally came over & asked "where did they go?" & I said "I don't know!". I asked her about husband's salad & she refused to adjust. I had soup & 1/2 sandwich entree & she also charged full price for my salad which she VERY grudgingly adjusted. I usually tip 20%+ & generously gave her 10%. Check was $30 before tip & we both had water, no dessert! 2 of my brothers have worked here & 1 graduated w/ & is good friends w/ a brother of Mary (1 of the owners). My old boyfriend is her brother. She should be ashamed @ the total lack of caring! Been going here, 0.6 miles from home, for over 35 years. Food is still good but we don't care to ever go back.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Though its alittle expensive, they have great tasting food here. Good proportions as well. They have a 3 or 4 layer cake here, I haven't had it but I bet its pretty good. And they have specials on certain days.

Visited February 2014
Flat Rock
“Excellent food”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Family ran and homemade food. Very good food and price is reasonable. The interior is a bit dated and has limited seating.
Food is worth going.

Visited November 2013
“Great Little Diner”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Order the chicken pot pie if you're in the mood for comfort food. It is the best in the land. If you're wanting something light and healthy, the salads are amazing! I was surprised how fresh and full of delicious ingredients they are. Feels very homey and prices are good.

• Visited December 2013